Two Sides of South Africa: Cape Town & Kruger Park
go-today • Cape Town, South Africa
- A Nine-Day Trip to South Africa ($2,899 to $4,299 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City, Washington, or Los Angeles to South Africa
- Domestic Flight from Cape Town to Johannesburg
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights at The Strand Tower Cape Town and Three Nights at Nkambeni Safari Camp in Kruger Park
- Six Breakfasts and Three Dinners
- Two Full-Day Game Drives, One Night Game Drive, and One Morning Game Drive in Kruger Park
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Only in South Africa can you start your trip on the beach, end it on safari, and experience a world-class city in between.
With astonishingly beautiful Table Mountain to the south and the Atlantic Ocean's thunderous waves to the north, Cape Town's views have got it going on. But the scenes unfolding daily on its city streets prove equally colorful: brightly painted facades house sidewalk cafés and art galleries buzzing with folks of all skin colors. The active populous embraces surfing, biking, and myriad other outdoor adventures—the more hair-raising, the better. And jovial Cape Town doesn't skimp on the music; people could break into song and dance on any corner at any time, and no one would be surprised.
On the dusty hiking trails of Kruger National Park—about 300 miles northeast of Johannesburg—there's a different kind of buzz: the noise of thousands of animal species residing in the park. Vast and varied, the 7,500-square-mile territory encompasses 16 distinct "eco-zones," each with a unique configuration of rolling hills, open plains, coursing waterways, and endemic wildlife.
From the sand to the savannah, see South Africa from every angle with this eight-day trip to Cape Town and Kruger Park, courtesy of go-today.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from New York, Washington, or Los Angeles to Cape Town, South Africa.
days 2, 3, and 4: Touch down at the Cape Town Airport, where you'll meet your English-speaking guide and transfer from the airport to your hotel. Your time in Cape Town will be free of scheduled activities, allowing you to explore the city as you please.
Three nights at The Strand Tower Hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
day 5: The day begins with an early-morning transfer to the airport, where you'll catch a flight to Johannesburg. Upon arrival, an English-speaking driver awaits to transport you to a luxury tented lodge outside Kruger National Park. You'll have a short time to freshen up and settle in before embarking on a sunset game drive in an open vehicle, led by an experienced bush guide.
Overnight at Nkambeni Tented Lodge. Breakfast and dinner provided.
days 6 and 7: Wake early each morning for a head start on your full-day game drives. Wildlife viewing opportunities abound in Kruger National Park. The big five—elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos, and buffaloes—live here, as do giraffes, zebras, antelopes, warthogs, and many colorful birds. The drive will stop multiple times for breaks to let you stretch your legs, then deliver you back to the lodge in the late afternoon.
Two nights at Nkambeni Tented Lodge. Daily breakfast and dinner provided.
day 8: The day begins with an early morning game drive, which ends in time to transfer back to the Johannesburg airport for an afternoon flight back to the US.
day 9: Arrive back in the US.
New York City departures: June 11 ($3,699); July 16 ($3,699); August 27 ($3,199); September 17 ($2,899); October 29 ($2,899); November 13 ($2,899); December 6 ($3,099); January 15, 2014 ($2,899)
Washington, DC, departures: June 11 ($3,699); July 16 ($3,699); August 27 ($3,199); September 17 ($2,899); October 29 ($2,899); November 13 ($2,899); December 6 ($3,099); January 15, 2014 ($2,899)
Los Angeles departures: June 11 ($4,299); July 16 ($3,999); August 27 ($3,499); September 17 ($3,199); October 29 ($3,199); November 13 ($3,199); December 6 ($3,899); January 15, 2014 ($3,199)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Imagine a national park the size of Israel, with huge tracts of acacia interrupted by open savannah, rushing rivers, and the occasional rocky bluff. Now fill it with lions, leopards, elephants, Cape buffaloes, and black rhino."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all June 11 departures must be confirmed by June 1, all other dates must be confirmed by June 9, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $1200
- Voucher includes double-occupancy accommodations for three nights at the Strand Tower Cape Town and three nights at Nkambeni Safari Camp in Kruger Park, six breakfasts, three dinners, two full-day game drives, one night game drive, one morning game drive in Kruger Park, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel fees, and entrance fees
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- It is compulsory to sign an indemnity form when entering South African National Parks; more information on the regulations and the parks can be found at www.sanparks.org
- Consult your doctor for advice in regards to vaccinations and malaria prophylaxis
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 15, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 15, 2014 • Enjoy By January 15, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms