Natural Splendor Meets Sensational Luxury
Ventana Inn & Spa • Big Sur, CA
- A Minimum Two-Night Stay for Two in a Big Sur Spa Suite or Pacific House Room (Priced per Night)
- Book Unlimited Nights for an Extended Stay
Even in California, home of awe-inspiring redwood forests and some of the world's best surf breaks, there is perhaps no place as special as Big Sur. Beginning just south of the Monterey Peninsula and stretching 90 miles past verdant bluffs and rocky promontories, hidden hot springs and vacant beaches, this scarcely populated region on the Central Coast has been the subject of more than a few books, and plays host to some of the country's preeminent wellness retreats. It's a place beloved by honeymooners, outdoorsmen, and peace-seekers alike, with nary a neon sign to disrupt the mind-easing serenity that has drawn people here for centuries.
Your window unto this magical world? The aptly named Ventana Inn & Spa, an award-winning hotel that's found its way onto best-of lists since it opened more than 30 years ago ("Top 10 Romantic Hotels," "Top 20 U.S. Hideaways"). This opulent, adults-only hillside retreat overlooks the oft-rhapsodized coast below, with hammocks and two pools dotting its 243 acres, and while the property's rustic wood-and-glass structures blend tastefully with their natural surroundings, they belie the utter luxury that awaits inside during your minimum two-night stay (priced per night).
The large 619-square-foot Big Sur Suites are appointed with a king-size four-poster bed, a sitting area with wood-burning fireplace, a dining nook, a wet bar, and a spacious bathroom with soaking tub and double-vanity sinks. The highlight, however, is the suite's private 300-square-foot deck, which looks out onto the colorful flower gardens that adorn the property. Slightly larger Pacific House Rooms boast a contemporary feel, with vaulted ceilings and a private hot tub on the deck.
Mealtime finds guests (many of whom come from miles away simply for a drink) on the patio overlooking the coast, nibbling on house-made hummus with olives and sipping Central Coast wines. Dishes like the croque madame panini with hickory-smoked ham, tomato, swiss, Dijon mustard, and a sunny-side-up egg greet guests at lunch, while a decidedly decadent menu—pan-seared smoked California sturgeon cake with salmon caviar, anyone?—makes its rounds by night. Much of the produce and herbs are sourced right there at the on-site organic garden.
Before you leave, be sure to reserve a massage—which is offered in the spa, in your room, or on your deck—or another treatment, such as a facial or a seaweed wrap. The spa incorporates many of the natural elements found in Big Sur, like eucalyptus and lavender, in the variety of rejuvenating treatments on offer.
"This is one of the best retreats in the area, if not the state."-- Frommer's
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; guest must be 21+ in age to check-in
- Children under 18 are not allowed
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are nontransferable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Valid for up to 2 guests
- Pets are not allowed
- Room tax of 10.5%, CA Tourism Assessment of 1%, Monterey City Tax of $2, Resort Fee of $30 not included and payable to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations or room block stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms