Exploring Wiltshire's Historical Charms
BEST WESTERN Red Lion Hotel • Wiltshire, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in May Between Sunday and Friday
- Daily Breakfast
Wiltshire is famous for its ancient, historic places; Stonehenge, Avebury Stone Circle, Salisbury Cathedral. But there is a historic place that is less well-known, one that was built in 1220 for the stonemasons constructing Salisbury Cathedral—the BEST WESTERN Red Lion Hotel.
Reputed to be the oldest hotel in Europe, a two-night stay for two people between Monday and Friday in May for £89 (up to a £210 value). The characterful hotel in the centre of Salisbury was originally the White Bear Inn, and in the Middle Ages, there was a cage and ducking stool in the water outside where nags and cheats were punished. No need to fear; that medieval treatment has long gone, and the charming hotel now provides high-quality service with all the modern amenities you need for a comfortable Escape in the beautifully appointed rooms.
The Vine Restaurant offers fine cuisine such as lime, coriander, and soy-infused swordfish. Breakfast is included.
Take a four-minute stroll to Salisbury Cathedral, one of the most striking medieval cathedrals in Britain with the tallest spire, or drive 15 minutes to Stonehenge to see the most famous stone circle in the world. Finish the day with a visit to isolated Old Sarum, an Iron Age hill fort and the original settlement of Salisbury.
This Escape is for two people. Upgrades are available to feature rooms and suites for £20 per room, per night.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
"Browse interesting independent shops in the market towns; stroll around quintessential English hamlets such as Lacock and Castle Combe; or discover an outstanding collection of stately homes and gardens."-- Visit Wiltshire
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Option A: Valid for stays beginning on 6 or 27 May 2013 only
- Option B: Excludes Bank Holidays; Valid for stays Sunday to Friday and must be redeemed by May 31, 2013
- Voucher excludes Saturday stays
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Voucher includes: Two-Night Stay for Two People, Starting on Bank Holiday May 6 or May 27 (£80), Two-Night Stay for Two People in May Between Sunday and Friday (£89), Daily Breakfast, Dinner for Two on One Evening with Bank Holiday Option
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01722 32 33 34 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 31, 2013 • Enjoy By May 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 66% savings