Wine and White-Water Rafting in Gold Country
Adventure Connection • Lotus, CA
- A Two-Day White-Water Rafting and Wine Tasting Tour of El Dorado County for One Guest, Including:
- One Day of Guided White-Water Rafting, Gear Provided
- One Night of Camping (Gear Not Included, but Available for Rent)
- One Day of Wine Tasting at Six to Seven Wineries and One Brewery, Transportation Provided
- Four Meals
El Dorado County offers adventure around every corner, from the rapids of the American River to the wineries that dot the Gold Country landscape. And nobody knows that better than Adventure Connection, boasting more than 25 years of experience leading trips through the white water of wine country. On the two-day Red Wine and Whitewater Rafting Trip—the only such professionally led excursion in California—you'll join a small group and experienced guides for a taste of the action.
Bring your own tent, sleeping bag, and sleeping pad for a night under the stars (camping gear is also available for rent from Adventure Connection). And this is hardly roughing it: The riverside campsite features a volleyball court and horseshoe pit, a camp store and campfire pit, hot showers, and flush toilets. You'll also be treated to four delicious meals during the expedition.
Trips begin at 9 a.m. on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The river day includes a brief orientation and guide introduction, plus a meet and greet with your fellow crew members. Then, it's off to paddle between 11 and 13 miles of Class III rapids—perfect for beginner and intermediate paddlers alike. You'll pause midday for a deli lunch, and in the afternoon you'll hit the heavier rapids on the lower section of the Gorge Run. After a day on the river, you'll get a chance to relax and refuel at the campsite.
On the wine day, adventurers will ready their palates for tastings at local award-winning wineries. The trip is chauffeured and begins with two to three tastings in the morning. Then you'll break for lunch and hit two to four more wineries in the afternoon. Depending on the timing and preference of individual groups, you might even visit a local micro-brewery.
"We all really enjoyed the trip. The food was also great! I would definitely come back and would ask for the same guide again!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays until September 29, 2013; trips occur Mondays-Tuesdays, Thurdays-Fridays, and Saturdays-Sundays
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Adventure Connection's cancellation and rescheduling policies apply, please visit raftcalifornia.com/prices/
- Rates are per person
- Must be at least 21 to participate; not valid for pregnant women
- 8% state/access fee included
- Taxes are not included and payable directly to the merchant
- Camping is available the evening prior to the trip for an additional cost
- Adventure Connection reserves the right to cancel a trip due to weather, water conditions, or other cause beyond our control. Should this occur, your trip fees will be fully credited towards another trip. All refunds and credits shall be limited to amounts actually paid to Adventure Connection
- For wine tasting, visit 4-7 wineries from this list: visit-eldorado.com/winery-brewery-list.php#wineries
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 29, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 29, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 29, 2013 • Enjoy By September 29, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms