Posh & Playful: Welcome to The Parker
Parker Palm Springs • Palm Springs, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in an Estate King Room
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe King Room
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a Patio Room with Hammock
The Parker Palm Springs is a California icon with a history as varied as its celebrity clientele. In a town where glitterati has flocked for generations—drawn to the area for its unconventional mix of laid-back bohemia and Old Hollywood charm—it's tough to stand out. Yet, that's exactly what The Parker does, and does well. What began as the state's first Holiday Inn transitioned into Gene Autry's Melody Ranch before becoming Merv Griffin's Resort & Givenchy Spa in the '80s. In 2004, home-design luminary Jonathan Adler led the hotel's $27 million facelift. The resulting 13-acre paradise is a kitschy-cool getaway, replete with Adler's signature chic-yet-cheerful ambiance, three pools, a renowned spa, and cheeky trademark touches (oh, hello there, adult beverages at The Lemonade Stand, funky needlepoint pillows, and room-service-via-tricked-out-tricycle!).
Enter through the gorgeously gargantuan orange-lacquered front doors to be welcomed by staff and a ceramic frieze that instructs: Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you shall check out. You'll do well to heed its advice—The Parker provides ample opportunity to partake in all three. Spacious rooms feature a mid-century-mod-meets-Palm-Springs-posh vibe, with white four-poster beds and luxe amenities (why yes, that is Hermès). Patio Rooms have private hammocks so you and your squeeze can grab a quick snooze (or get no sleep at all) beneath the stars.
Hide evidence of last night's festivities behind oversized shades at the pool, where chances are, you'll spot celebs doing the same. Here, "the party starts early," Fodor's promises, "when attendants pass out hot chocolate or coffee in the morning, fresh berries in the afternoon, and vodka-cranberry-lemon cocktails at happy hour (we'll take two!)." You can take your time with breakfast—Norma's, the five-star onsite diner, serves it all day long. And with plates like the foie gras brioche French toast, lobster macaroni and cheese, and lemony griddle cakes with Devonshire cream, it's no wonder why.
The spa has its own Adler-inspired manifesto, with highlights like We believe in inner beauty. But, do what you can on the outside, and We believe you can swim right after you eat. So for dessert, treat yourself to packages like the Vanilla Sundae (a massage, pore-cleansing facial, and spa mani/pedi).
We believe our bags are already packed.
"It's the hippest hotel in the desert. The design is unmistakably Jonathan Adler, and fans of his whimsical ceramics and rainbow-bright textiles will appreciate immersion in his playful world, where '70s swagger meets '40s Hollywood glam."-- Read Fodor's Review of Parker Palm Springs
"Today [Palm Springs] fancies itself a European-style resort with a dash of small-town Americana. One thing hasn't changed: Swimming, sunbathing, golfing, and tennis are still the primary pastimes."-- Frommer's
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in
- Bookings are non-transferrable
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- All inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
from $0* /night
detailsAmenities feature established brands such as Hermès, Molton Brown, and Peter Thomas Roth; 40-inch flat-screen televisions; and Jonathan Adler décor. Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $estate king$ $167 avg/night
detailsAmenities feature established brands such as Hermès, Molton Brown, and Peter Thomas Roth; 40-inch flat-screen televisions; and Jonathan Adler décor Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $deluxe king$ $212 avg/night
detailsGuests enjoy a private terrace just off the room with a hammock, where you’re welcomed to simply nap or arrange for alfresco massage services. Amenities feature established brands such as Hermès, Molton Brown, and Peter Thomas Roth; 40-inch flat-screen televisions; and Jonathan Adler décor. Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $patio room with h...$ $247 avg/night
(includes taxes and fees)