A Countrified Jaunt to the Gateway of the Tees Valley
Blackwell Grange Hotel • County Durham, United Kingdom
- One- (£79) or Two-Night (£149) Stay for Two People in Double Room
- Daily Breakfast
- Two-Course Dinner on First Evening
- Bottle of House Wine on First Evening
These days, Darlington is a mecca of independent shops, theatre, and music. Known as the 'gateway to the Tees Valley', it's also not far from the Pennines, Yorkshire Dales, Cleveland Hills, and North York Moors. But back in the day, it was celebrated for something very different: as the location of the first passenger railway in the world. Find out more for yourself and Escape to Blackwell Grange Hotel.
No need for a long goodbye on the platform: instead, bring your sweetheart with you for an overnight stay at the grand, countrified venue for two people for £79 (up to a £181.90 value). Alternatively, opt for a longer journey with the same package for two nights for £149 (up to a £277.90 value). Either way, you'll lay your luggage in accommodation that's just the ticket—think double room with pretty pastoral furnishings, en suite, TV, radio, 24-hour room service, and Wi-Fi access.
Get back on track with your inclusive two-course dinner and bottle of wine here on your first evening, where you'll choose from a menu that includes such dishes as golden wholetail scampi with chips, spinach and ricotta cannelloni, and ice-cream brownie. And that's all before your daily breakfast pulls into the station: expect options such as full English, cereal, fruit, and yoghurt.
All aboard for some local sightseeing: for shoppers there are the indie boutiques of Skinnergate and the high-end fashion of Grange Road; for culture vultures and foodie types, the galleries and restaurants of Duke Street; for history buffs, Piercebridge Roman Fort and the restored Victorian South Park; and for trainspotters, the Darlington Railway Centre and Museum.
This Escape is for two people. Saturday night stays require a £20 supplement payable directly to hotel.
"From the moment you turn into the long sweeping driveway, and catch your first glimpse of the Georgian facade, you know you are somewhere special."-- Forestdale Hotels
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by August 31, 2013
- Once your booking is made, dates are not transferrable
- £20 supplement applies to Saturday night stays; payable directly to hotel
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Children allowed. Supplement applies person per night for extra beds.The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1. Payable directly to hotel. Check prior to purchase for charges
- Wi-Fi included
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Voucher includes One- (£79) or Two-Night (£149) Stay for Two People in Double Room, Daily Breakfast, Two-Course Dinner on First Evening, Bottle of House Wine on First Evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 0844 855 9150 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Book by June 23, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • Enjoy By August 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 57% savings