Scuba Course with Catalina Island Trip
PCH Scuba • Avalon, CA
- A Two-Weekend Open Water Dive Course for One Person
- First Weekend: PADI-Certification Course with PADI-Certified Instructor, Textbook, and Recreational Dive Planner
- Second Weekend: Two Days of Diving off Catalina Island with PADI Certification Upon Completion, Two-Night Stay at Hermosa Hotel, and Round-Trip Ferry Tickets
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
An open water diver training course from PCH Scuba takes place over two weekends and will bring you from the classroom to the ocean. Devote the first weekend to a certification class, which entails a review of the lesson materials and two four-hour pool sessions with additional training as needed. You'll learn from a PADI-certified instructor and receive a diving textbook and recreational dive planner along with the class.
The following weekend, make the trip to Avalon on Catalina Island for two days of scuba diving and two nights at Hermosa Hotel. Once you've completed the training, you'll receive your PADI certification, qualifying you to dive with a partner to depths of 60 feet. Your ferry transportation to and from the island is covered, as well.
On a clear day, dozens of sunlit yachts drift into Santa Catalina's pair of harbors. Just 22 miles off the Southern California coast, the island's crystal-clear waters make it a prime diving destination for folks all over L.A. County and beyond. On land, Mediterranean flavors accent the cuisine in the picturesque town of Avalon, while the waters just offshore are considered some of the world's healthiest marine environments. The Santa Catalina Island Conservancy maintains the landscape, protecting its palm-fringed paths and golden shorelines.
Within walking distance of the boat landing in Avalon, Hermosa Hotel is a popular choice for divers. Hermosa has the charming quirkiness you'd expect of a historic, 100-year-old Catalina hotel, but offers all the basic amenities for today's traveler. Apartment-style guest rooms each feature a private bathroom, cable TV, and complimentary Wi-Fi, and most have air-conditioning.
"Recreational divers know it for its magnificent kelp forests, creating a magical Jack and the Beanstalk atmosphere. Off its ports of Avalon and Two Harbors, this pear-shaped island offers endless excitement at splendid sites in the San Pedro Channel."-- Scuba Diving
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid until January 3, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability and weather
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Scuba course valid for one person
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Merchant can assist pairing you with another guest or single occupancy requires an additional fee of $150.
- Signing a waiver is required; must be in fair health; physician must sign waiver for some medical conditions; must be 10 or older
- A scuba cylinder rental with refills and weights, mask with snorkel are not included
- Classes are non-transferable
- Food is not included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 3, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 3, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 3, 2014 • Enjoy By January 3, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms