European Romance in Paris and Barcelona
go-today • Paris, France
- An Eight-Day Trip to Paris and Barcelona ($1,499 to $2,499 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City, Los Angeles, or Washington, DC, to Paris and Barcelona
- Double-Occupancy, Three-Star Accommodations for Three Nights in Paris and Three Nights in Barcelona
- Six Breakfasts
- Le Tour de France of Wine Tasting at O-Chateau Wine Bar
- Sagrada Família Tour
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Entrance Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Calling Paris "romantic" is a bit like calling the Eiffel Tower "tall"—true, but there's much more to it. The city is less about its landmarks than the way it feels to be there: your heart can't help but swell as you stroll along the Seine. At the Louvre, crowds surround a famously beautiful woman. Meet her beguiling eyes once, and you'll fall in love with the Mona Lisa forever. Cafés, bistros, brasseries, pâtisseries, and crêperies beckon at every corner; and haute storefronts make the Champs-Élysées the world's most fashionable street. Fifth Avenue, are you taking notes?
Some 650 miles south of Paris on the shores of the Mediterranean, whimsical Barcelona is a sanctuary for the avant-garde. This beach town metropolis is famous for morphing into a cutting-edge dance floor for late-night revelers. With an abundance of gothic architecture and a creative culture, Spain's jewel by the sea has earned its position as the fourth-most visited city in Europe—not that Barcelona takes that stuff very seriously. Nope, all that matters here is that the sun is shining and Barca is winning.
Get a feel for two of Europe's most celebrated cities with this eight-day tour of Paris and Barcelona, courtesy of go-today.
day 1: Board your overnight flight from the US to Paris, France.
days 2, 3, and 4: Touch down in Paris, where you'll have three full days to explore the city as you please. As part of the trip, you'll schedule a two-hour wine tasting at O-Chateau Wine Bar on one of your days in Paris. The tasting is titled "Le Tour de France" because it includes six different wines, each from a different region in France—think Champagne, Bordeaux, Rhone, and so on.
An expert sommelier will teach you the correct way to taste wine, then go over the main wine regions of France, the grapes they grow, and the style of wine they produce. You'll also learn how to read a French wine label and the meaning of terms like terroir and appellation. The wines you sample—plus a myriad of others—will be for sale after your tasting.
Three nights at Hotel ibis Styles Paris Bercy or similar three-star hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
days 5, 6, and 7: Report to the Paris airport to catch your flight to Barcelona, Spain. Your three days in Barcelona are free to spend as you choose—just make sure to reserve your place on a Sagrada Família tour one morning. A guide will show you some of visionary architect Antoni Gaudí's work throughout the city, explaining the detail, symbolism, and technical innovations of the structures.
You'll begin by strolling along the Passeig de Gràcia, Barcelona's principal shopping street and home of the Gaudí houses, Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. Last, but certainly not least, the tour will arrive at the Sagrada Família, an enormous basilica designed by Gaudí. The architect died in 1926 with less than a quarter of the project finished, and a series of interruptions and obstacles have pushed the completion date to 2026. Nevertheless, the basilica has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Three nights at Hotel HCC Open or similar three-star hotel. Daily breakfast provided.
day 8: Return to the Barcelona airport to board your morning flight back to the US.
New York City departures: July 16 ($1,899); August 15 ($1,899); September 4 ($1,699); October 23 ($1,699); November 14 ($1,499); December 5 ($1,499); January 6, 2014 ($1,499); February 12, 2014 ($1,499); March 6, 2014 ($1,599)
Washington, DC, departures: July 16 ($1,999); August 15 ($1,999); September 4 ($1,799); October 23 ($1,799); November 14 ($1,599); December 5 ($1,599); January 6, 2014 ($1,599); February 12, 2014 ($1,599); March 6, 2014 ($1,699)
Los Angeles departures: July 16 ($2,499); August 15 ($2,199); September 4 ($1,899); October 23 ($1,899); November 14 ($1,699); December 5 ($1,699); January 6, 2014 ($1,699); February 12, 2014 ($1,699); March 6, 2014 ($1,799)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Barcelona has been breaking ground in art, architecture, and style since the late 19th century. From the marvels of Modernisme to the modern wonders of today, from Picasso to Susana Solano, the racing heart of Barcelona has barely skipped a beat."-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; all dates must be confirmed by June 26, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information see www.go-today.com/gt_credit.aspx
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $400
- Voucher includes double-occupancy, three-star accommodations for three nights in Paris and three nights in Barcelona, six breakfasts, Le Tour de France of wine tasting at O-Chateau Wine Bar, Sagrada Família Tour, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, and entrance fees
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, Barcelona city tax (collected at the hotel), meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 6, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 6, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 6, 2014 • Enjoy By March 6, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms