Danish Charm Meets Wine Country in Solvang
Wine Valley Inn • Solvang, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Village Tower King Room, Sundays through Thursdays
- Two Half-Day Mountain Bike Rentals
- Two Glasses of Wine at the Inn
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Half-timbered homes and gabled windmills dot the Danish-inspired streets of Solvang. In fact, the village's name means "sunny field" in Danish. Founded in 1911, this picturesque town just 36 miles north of Santa Barbara was originally meant to serve as a Danish colony. Now, the Southern California locale is a hot spot for tourists looking to explore a slice of 18th-century Denmark. Bakeries and antique shops are in no short supply, while the flower fields and vineyards of the Santa Ynez Valley make for a delightful day trip.
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages, a European-themed member of the award-winning group of Broughton Hotels, features a verdant garden where guests can enjoy the scenery and tranquility of a small stream and a beautifully maintained koi pond. Each Village Tower room is sumptuously appointed with a king-size bed and an electric or log fireplace, plus modern amenities like an in-room safe, a mini-fridge, and free Wi-Fi. In the morning, wake to warm Danish baked goods, compliments of your host.
Set out to explore Little Denmark, home of adorable boutiques, upscale restaurants, and, of course, wineries. There are more than 40 in the area and several just minutes from the inn. Saddle up on your included mountain bike and explore the area that way. When you return to the inn, treat yourself to a late-afternoon Swedish massage at the on-site spa. For dinner, walk to Hadsten House, serving upscale New American cuisine with European influences and an excellent local wine list.
"The hotel is right in the middle of town and the staff was very friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. The included breakfast was very nice and the coffee was first-rate."-- Hotels.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays until September 30, 2013; must book by September 1, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- 12% Room Tax, $2 Tourism Fee/Night, $1.20 Sales Tax not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in
- Blackout date(s): July 4 and September 1
- After expiration date, stay restrictions still apply to stays Sundays through Thursdays only
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms