Hip Getaway for the Whole Family in Cabarete
Viva Wyndham Tangerine • Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- A Four-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Children in a Standard Room ($452)
- Or, a Six-Night Stay for Two Adults and Two Children in a Standard Room ($678)
- All Inclusive of Meals, Snacks, Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Drinks, Non-Motorized Water Sports, Kids Program, Daily Activities Program, Nightly Live Entertainment, and All Taxes and Gratuities
Cabarete, on the northern shore of the Dominican Republic, began attracting windsurfers in the 1990s with its whipping gales. Today, the consensus windsurfing and kiteboarding capital of the Caribbean retains its hip, laid-back vibe by catering to a youthful crowd, even if more people come to hang out than surf these days. Cabarete resists the overdevelopment of many Caribbean beach towns, instead embracing what Frommer's calls "a radical counterculture devoted to sun, fun, watersports, and good times." Spend a few days on the white sands of Playa Cabarete and you'll think the place is pretty rad, too.
The Viva Wyndham Tangerine is a peach of an all-inclusive resort on the beach in Cabarete. The sandy locale influences the décor, with rooms featuring tropical accents and a palette of vibrant yellows and blues. Rooms also offer amenities like private balconies, cool cotton bedding, and daily housekeeping.
Beyond the accommodations, the resort welcomes families with a slew of on-site restaurants and activities. Children will enjoy participating kids programs, splashing in the oceanfront pool, and playing in the surf. A full-service spa boasts an extensive menu of massages, body scrubs, and other relaxing treatments for grown ups. And guests of all ages and tastes can find something delicious to eat at the resort's five restaurants, serving up everything from Italian to authentic Mexican cuisine.
Your family will never run out of cool things to do in Cabarete and nearby Puerto Plata. Start by building sandcastles on Playa Cabarete, then kick it up a notch with kiteboarding and windsurfing offered by the resort. In Puerto Plata, take a trip to the Amber Museum or visit El Faro, the 137-foot cast-iron lighthouse. Children will love Ocean World, an outdoor adventure park where visitors can swim with the dolphins.
"The hotel was beautiful. Tile floors, light and airy, clear pathways, plants, flowers, trees—beautiful. There is so much entertainment throughout the day and night for all ages. The hotel also has a kids club and offers a range of water sports."-- VirtualTourist
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and November 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for to 2 adults and up to 2 children 17 and younger
- Voucher is inclusive of three meals per day, unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, snacks, activities, nightclub access, taxes and gratuities
- Airfare not included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • Enjoy By November 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms