A Once-in-a-Lifetime Trek to The Mount Everest Base Camp
Encounters Travel •
- 18-Day Tour of Tour of Nepal and Everest (Prices Start at £549 per Person), Including:
- Start Dates on August 4, October 6, October 27, November 24, December 22
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Kathmandu Onwards, Including Return Flights to Lukla
- Guided Trek from Lukla to the Everest Base Camp and Back
- 17 Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in Trekking Lodges, Hotels, and Guesthouses
- 16 Breakfasts
- Services of a Trekking Guide and Porters Throughout the Trek, and a City Guide in Kathmandu
- Tips for Drivers
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
When it comes to exploring exotic locations, there's nothing quite like the benefit of a local expert's wisdom. Good thing we've teamed up with Encounters Travel for the Everest Base Camp Tour then. The 18-day package takes you from Kathmandu to the legendary Mount Everest Base Camp via ancient temples, monasteries, and palaces, scenic Sherpa villages, beautiful forests of rhododendron, breathtaking glaciers, and epic mountain vistas. Led by English-speaking guides, the itinerary will immerse you in this captivating country for a once-in-a-lifetime experience you'll never forget.
day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu. Encounters Travel staff meet you and transfer you to your hotel in the tourist district of Thamel, where they help you familiarise yourself with the area. Overnight in three-star Kathmandu hotel.
day 2: Tour the historic city of Kathmandu, including the temples and old royal palace of Dubar Square, and walking to the top of Swayambunath Stupa for epic city views. Evening free. Overnight in three-star Kathmandu hotel; breakfast provided.
day 3: Take a short flight to Lukla and begin trekking to Phakding (2,652m). This first day is an easy walk along the river. Overnight in Phakding trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 4: Start gently with a walk to Sagamartha National Park. The trail starts to rise for the climb up to Namche Bazaar (3,446). Overnight in Namche Bazarr trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 5: Free day in the colourful Sherpa town of Namche Bazaar, with its shops and stalls, bakeries,
cafes, internet cafes, and scenic local walks; this day is essential to help acclimatise to the altitude. Overnight in Namche Bazarr trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 6: Climb the next ridge to the Sherpa village of Khumjung. From the top of the ridge, spectacular views of Mount Everest can often be seen. Overnight in Khumjung trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 7: Descend through rhododendron forests to the suspension bridge at Phunki Tenga (3,250m). Begin the steep and strenuous climb to the village of Thengboche (3,870m). On a clear day, the views of Everest and Lhotse from the ridge of Thengboche are incredible. The village is also the site of a large Buddhist monastery. Overnight at Thengboche trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 8: Follow the river through beautiful rhododendron forests to the Imja valley. En route, there's the chance of spotting the elusive, endangered musk deer. Leaving the forests, take the steep climb up to Dingboche (4,410m). Overnight at Dingboche trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 9: Free day in the Sherpa village of Dingboche, with its fields, stone walls, and mountain views. This is another essential acclimatisation day. There's the option to trek up towards Chukung for even better views. Overnight at Dingboche trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 10: Climb up to Dughla (4,620m) and the entrance to the Khumbu valley. Take a steep climb over the Thokla Pass (4,830m) and follow the edge of the glacial moraine on to Lobuche (4,910m). Overnight at Lobuche trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 11: Continue along the Khumbu valley, taking in breathtaking mountain vistas. Reach the Lobuche Pass (5,110m) and continue to Gorak Shep (5,140m). From here you can make the short, steep ascent of Kalar Pattar (5,550m) and take in the majestic mountain views. The itinerary for today and tomorrow is flexible, depending on weather and how guests are handling the altitude. Overnight in Gorak Shep trekking lodge; breakfast included.
day 12: Continue up the edge of the Khumbu glacier to Everest Base Camp, where we may see expeditions preparing to climb Mount Everest (5,364m). Enjoy the surroundings and reaching our goal, then make our way back down to Lobuche. Overnight in Lobuche trekking lodge; breakfast included.
days 13 - 15: Head back down via Namche Bazaar to Lukla. The trekking becomes easier as you have already acclimatised to the altitude and are now descending, so there's time to take in the scenic surroundings. Overnights at trekking lodges in Pangboche, Namche Bazaar and Lukla; breakfast included.
day 16: Trek complete, fly back to Kathmandu and visit the ancient centre of Bhaktapur with its wooden carved temples, and get a feel for traditional Nepalese life. The rest of the day is free. Overnight at Bhaktapur guesthouse; breakfast included.
day 17: Explore Bhaktapur before making the short journey back to Kathmandu, stopping to visit Boudhanath Buddhist stupa and the Hindu pilgrimage temple of Pasupatinath. The evening is free for a final meal in Kathmandu. Overnight in three-star Kathmandu hotel; breakfast included.
day 18: Free time in Kathmandu and transfer to airport.
August 4 (£559 per person), October 6 (£599 per person), October 27 (£599 per person), November 24 (£599 per person), December 22 (£549 per person). *Price per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
- Flights to Kathmandu airport are not included, but are available on request.
- A 24-hour airport arrival and departure transfer service is provided.
- Minimum age for the tour is 16.
- A mandatory single traveller supplement applies; please see fine print for further details.
- A good level of fitness is required. Advice on preparation will be provided.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on email@example.com.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
"Aside from breathtaking scenery, travellers to the region can experience unique Sherpa culture by visiting monasteries and museums along the way."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights not included (available on request)
- All transport and transfers included
- Bookings must be made via the traveller information form detailed on your voucher
- Voucher priced per person based on double occupancy. In order to travel with a companion, you must purchase 2 (1 for each traveller) vouchers
- This tour does carry a mandatory single supplement if you wish to guarantee yourself a single room or whenever a room share is not available. If you are happy to share but at the time of booking there is no room share available, we will invoice you for the additional charge (£180) but this can then be refunded/removed once a room share becomes available. More often than not, we are able to arrange a share
- Voucher valid for 1 person only
- Voucher valid for date selected only
- Must have a valid Passport in order to travel
- Voucher includes: 18-Day Tour of Tour of Nepal and Everest (Prices Start at £549 per Person), Including:, Start Dates on August 4, October 6, October 27, November 24, December 22 , Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airport to Hotel, Guided Trek from Lukla to the Everest Base Camp and Back, 17 Nights of Double-Occupancy Accommodations in Trekking Lodges, Hotels, and Guesthouses, 16 Breakfasts, Services of a Trekking Guide and Porters Throughout the Trek, and a City Guide in Kathmandu, Tips for Drivers, Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy
- Voucher excludes: International flights, Visa fees, Meals not indicated in the itinerary, Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (eg. laundry), Tips for city guide, trekking guide and porters, Any other items not mentioned above
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- You may cancel your voucher within 7 days of purchase and receive a full refund provided it has not been redeemed. After this period, Merchant cancellation policy applies. See traveller information form for details
- Please contact 0800 0886002 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 22, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 22, 2013 • Enjoy By December 22, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
or call our concierge at 0207 763 4600