Where Time Stands Still: The Galapagos Islands
Friendly Planet Travel • Quito, Ecuador
- An Eight-Day Tour of the Galapagos Islands ($3,359 to $3,799 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights to Quito, Ecuador, from Miami on LAN Airlines
- Round-Trip Ground, Air, and Boat Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Deluxe and Superior First-Class Accommodations for Two Nights in Quito, Two Nights on San Cristobal Island, One Night on Isabela Island, and One Night on Santa Cruz Island
- Six Breakfasts, Four Lunches, and Four Dinners
- Tour of San Cristobal Island Including Visit to the Interpretation Center, Hike to Frigate Hill, and Snorkel-or-Swim Excursion at Carola Beach
- Tour of Isla Lobos Including Snorkeling Excursion at Kicker Rock
- Tour of Isabela Island with Hike up El Muro de Las Lagrimas and the Tintoreras
- Tour of Santa Cruz Island and El Chato Giant Tortoise Reserve, Los Gemelos Volcanoes, and The Charles Darwin Research Station
- English-Speaking Naturalist Guide Throughout
- Included Transit Control Card and $100 Galapagos National Park Fee
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel, Entrance, and All Other Admission Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
If there exists any place on Earth where time stands still, the Galapagos Islands is it. An unspoiled ecosystem with more than 95 percent of its original biodiversity intact, this Darwinian dreamland is a time capsule to another world. Blue-footed boobies bob about on rocky shores while sea lions hold court on the sand. Their reaction to human presence: essentially zilch, so rare do bi-peds tread these hallowed shores. Off the coast of spots like Tortuga Bay, manta rays and sea turtles glide past eager snorkelers while lava lizards sun themselves on nearby rocks. This is a land before time, and Friendly Planet Travel is pleased to introduce you to these storied isles with an unforgettable eight-day tour.
day 1: Board your flight from the US to Quito, Ecuador. Upon arrival, you will be met and transported to your hotel.
Overnight at Sheraton Quito Hotel or similar.
day 2: Transfer to the airport for your flight to San Cristobal Island. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel for lunch as well as a short orientation meeting and overview of your trip at the Interpretation Center. You'll hike to Frigate Hill over the lava rock trails where you might spy blue-footed boobies, frigate birds, pelicans, and more among vegetation and sea cliffs.
On the way back, snorkel or swim at beautiful Carola Beach. Here, you may find sea turtles, sea lions, and marine iguanas. Enjoy a gorgeous sunset and dinner, and explore the laid-back town.
Overnight at Casa Opuntia. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 3: Today, head out on an incredible snorkeling adventure. Discover Isla Lobos by boat, searching coves and cliffs for sea turtles, sea lions, frigate birds, and blue-footed boobies. Here, you'll snorkel with sea lions, marine iguanas, and countless reef fish. Next, you'll sail to Kicker Rock, the home of the thousands of sea birds who cling to its walls.
Overnight at Casa Opuntia. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 4: After breakfast, you'll take a 30-minute plane ride to Isabela Island, the largest island in the Galapagos. Hike to El Muro de las Lagrimas (the Wall of Tears), a towering wall of lava rocks built by prisoners when Isabela was a penal colony. After lunch, explore the beautiful Tintoreras, a set of small islets filled with hidden coves and beaches and home to Galapagos penguins, reef sharks, sea turtles, and sea lions.
Overnight at Iguana Crossing. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: After breakfast, journey via speedboat to Santa Cruz Island, where you can look for whales and dolphins along the way. Explore the lava tunnels with a visit to volcanic formations at 'Los Gemelos.' Then, head to El Chato reserve, home to the Giant Tortoise. In the late afternoon, visit the Charles Darwin Research Station to learn about the ongoing conservation efforts on these enchanted islands.
Overnight at Angermeyer Waterfront Inn. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: Transfer to Baltra Airport for the return flight to Quito. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel and enjoy the balance of the day at leisure.
Overnight at Sheraton Quito Hotel or similar. Breakfast provided.
day 7: Spend your final day in Quito at your leisure before boarding your return flight to the US in the evening.
day 8: Touch down in Miami as you return home to the US.
Miami (MIA) departures: September 24 ($3,359); October 8 ($3,359); October 22 ($3,359); November 2 ($3,359); November 19 ($3,359); December 7 ($3,599); or December 17 ($3,799)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"An ecological wonderland of largely endemic wildlife, the Galápagos inspired Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection long before the cruise ships arrived. This archipelago of 19 volcanic islands is noted for its fearless wildlife."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by July 10, 2013
- Must be 21 or older to make booking and anyone under 18 must be travelling with another person that is 21 or older; travelers on the tour must be 8 years of age or older
- Not valid toward existing reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.friendlyplanet.com/terms/packages.html?tourId=458
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $499
- Rate for extra nights is available upon request; subject to availability and must be confirmed at booking
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge and will be collected at time of booking
- Voucher inclues round-trip transportation from the airport to hotels and itinerary destinations, accommodations for two nights in Quito, two nights on San Cristobal Island, one night on Isabela Island, one night on Santa Cruz Island, six breakfasts, four lunches, four dinners, a tour of San Cristobal Island, a tour of Isla Lobos, a tour of Santa Cruz Island and El Chato Giant Tortoise Reserve, Los Gemelos Volcanoes, and The Charles Darwin Research Station, an English-Speaking Naturalist Guide throughout, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel, entrance fees, $100 Galapagos National Park and $10 Transit Control Card
- Voucher does not include $45 Ecuador Departure Tax (paid separately), gratuities to drivers, local guides, etc., meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, and items of a personal nature
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 17, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 17, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 17, 2013 • Enjoy By December 17, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms