Encountering Primates in Paradise: Malaysia
Brahminy Kite Tours • Sabah, Malaysia
- An Eight-Day Trip to Malaysia ($1,159 per Person), Including:
- Airport Transportation to and from Kota Kinabalu International Airport and Your Hotel (Airfare Not Included)
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations in Kota Kinabalu
- Seven Breakfasts and Three Lunches
- All Ground, Rail, or Boat Transportation to and from Included Excursions
- Visits to Tanjung Aru Beach, Kinabalu Park, Pekan Nabalu Market, Memorial Garden, Poring Hot Springs, Manukan and Sapi Island, Raisa Ria Orangutan Sanctuary
- Choice of Three of the Following Six Excursions: Cooking & Culinary Tour, Proboscis Monkey & Fireflies River Cruise Tour, White Water Rafting Trip on the Kiulu River or Padas River, Mari-Mari Cultural Village Tour, or Kota Belud Cultural Market
- Hotel and Resort Fees and Entrance and Admission Fees All Included
- English-Speaking Guide Throughout
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Floating in the equatorial bliss of the South China Sea, the world's third-largest island, Borneo, remains adrift of public notice. Set amid Indonesia, Brunei, and Malaysia, the former Malay Kingdom is awash in natural and cultural wonders, boasting the world's oldest rainforests, unparalleled cave systems, South East Asia's tallest peak, and the fantasy-inspired water villages of Sipadan Island. There, you'll find the East Malaysian state of Sabah—a major melting pot where hospitality is the common thread among its 32 different ethnic groups—and its capital, Kota Kinabalu, replete with city parks, seaside bars, and stunning sunset boardwalks.
day 1: You'll enjoy complimentary pickup from the Kota Kinabalu International Airport and be shuttled to your hotel, where you'll drop off your bags and enjoy light refreshments. Take your pick of any of these hotels: Brahminy Kite Holiday Home, The Palace Hotel-Sabah, Sabah Oriental Hotel, the Gaya Centre Hotel, or the Oceania Hotel. Later today, board a transport to Tanjung Aru Beach, one of the best spots to watch the sunset from Kota Kinabalu.
Overnight in Kota Kinabalu.
day 2: This morning, enjoy a 20-minute boat ride from Kota Kinabalu to the beautiful Manukan and Sapi Island, where you'll spend the balance of the day at your leisure choosing to swim, snorkel, or laze on the beach before being treated to a barbecue lunch on the shore.
Overnight in Kota Kinabalu. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 3: Depart for Kinabalu Park Headquarters, a natural refuge known for its diverse range of flora and fauna and the majestic Mount Kinabalu. It is believed that the spirits of the Kadazan Dusun's dead ancestors dwell among the forbidden peaks. Here, you'll embark on an included guided walk and stop at the local market of Pekan Nabalu along the way.
After lunch, you'll head to the Memorial Garden which offers amazing scenic views of Mount Kinabalu before making a visit to the Poring Hot Springs with its open-air sulphur baths and returning to your hotel.
Overnight in Kota Kinabalu. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 4: Enjoy a leisurely morning followed by brunch. In the afternoon, head to Raisa Ria Orangutan Sanctuary where you'll learn about and interact with these fascinating primates. Spend the remainder of the day on Rasa Ria beach as you wish before returning to the hotel.
Overnight in Kota Kinabalu. Breakfast provided.
days 5, 6, and 7: Use the next three days to take advantage of your choice of three of six carefully curated experiences sure to give you a one-of-a-kind taste of Malaysia. Foodies will want to embark on a Malaysian cooking and culinary tour that takes you through an entire Malaysian meal from a trip to the market to the final product's presentation on the table. Nature enthusiasts should not miss the proboscis monkey and fireflies river cruise tour, which sails until sunset and includes a sumptuous dinner afterwards. Thrill-seekers of all ability levels can enjoy a white-water rafting trip down the Kiulu River or more challenging Padas River, each complete with a riverside lunch. For a cultural experience, opt to tour the Mari-Mari Cultural Village to experience the rich traditions of Sabah with an authentic lunch. Or, on Sundays, visit the Kota Belud Cultural Market where farmers, fisherman, and vendors trade their fresh produce, handicrafts, local cakes, and snacks.
Overnights in Kota Kinabalu. Breakfast provided each day. Dinner or lunch may be provided depending on the activity.
day 8: If today is a Sunday, you'll visit the Gaya Street market where locals sell paintings, ornaments, photographs, and handicrafts as well as local necessities. Otherwise, you'll visit the Philipino Market to shop for handicrafts and seafood to bring home. In the afternoon, head to Atkinson Tower and Signal Hill Observatory Tower, the oldest standing structure in Kota Kinabalu and a historic landmark.
The remainder of the day will be used to pack for your transfer to the airport to make your separately booked flight home to the US.
• Travel from Now to June 12, 2014
"Borneo for the past two centuries has been the epitome of adventure travel... Today the island still draws visitors who seek new and unusual experiences, and few leave disappointed."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by May 12, 2014 and at least a minimum of 30 days prior to your departure
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see kinabaluholidayhome.com/brahminy-kite-tours-8-day-7-nights.html
- Once reservation is made it is non-refundable and non-exchangeable ; strictly no cancellations otherwise voucher is forfeited
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $580.
- Surcharge of $139 if travelling between July 1– August 31, 2013 and from December 15 – February 10, 2014; collected at booking
- Option to climb Mount Kinabalu for a $429 surcharge, reservations are subject to availability and must be made at least 3 months prior to your departure date; fee collected at booking
- Airfare, airline taxes and fuel surcharges are not included
- Voucher does not include gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 12, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 15, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 12, 2014 • Enjoy By June 12, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms