Georgian Style and Gourmet Dining in Cumbria
Lovelady Shield Country House • Cumbria, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in Classic Room
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner in Two AA-Rosette Award-Winning Restaurant on First Night
When thirteenth-century nuns founded a convent near Alston, they didn't suspect the town would one day provide the backdrop for a TV adaptation of the story of literature's most famous needy soul, Oliver Twist. Escapees looking to avoid the workhouse don't need to pick a pocket with a two-night break on the former nunnery site—now the elegant Georgian Lovelady Shield Country House—for £169 (up to a £363 value).
Steal away with a partner in your comfortable Classic room, and enjoy views of the charming three-acre garden, the River Nent, and the foothills of Alston Moor.
When your stomach starts to grumble like Fagin, there's a seven-course gourmet dinner at the two AA-Rosette-winning restaurant to look forward to. Tuck into dishes that blend the best of British with continental influences: enjoy the likes of pan-fried scallops with black pudding fritters, a roast rack of lamb with rosemary jus, and a chocolate and chestnut marquise with honey glazed figs. Breakfast—if you have room—ensures you won't find a day's sightseeing too gruelling.
The pretty market town of Alston (one of the highest in the country, 1,000 feet above sea level) is studded with craft, gift, and antique shops, or if you want to go further afield the hotel staff consider you a friend, and will provide you with the necessary nous for a driving tour through the lovely villages and stunning scenery of the North Pennines, or a circular tour of the Lake District.
This escape is for two people staying two nights, with availability for all seven days of the week. Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at email@example.com, with the name of the hotel as the subject.
"Chef Barrie Garton has been manning the stoves for more than a decade and he works to an ever-changing repertoire that might be typified by Orkney crab mousse with cucumber and chive salad."-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by August 31, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Voucher includes Two-Night Stay for Two People in Classic Room, Daily Full English Breakfast, Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner in Two AA-Rosette Award-Winning Restaurant on First Night
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01434 381203 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON August 31, 2013 • Enjoy By August 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 53% savings