Colonial Charm and Carolina Barbecue in Edenton
Captain's Quarters Inn • Edenton, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two, Mondays and Tuesdays or Wednesdays and Thursdays, in Rooms 1, 2, 5, or 8
- Welcome Barbecue Sauce Tasting with Pulled Pork and Wine
- One "Rib University" St. Louis-Style Ribs Cooking Class for Two
- Evening Barbecue Pork Rib Tasting Plus Dinner for Two on the Second Night
- Take-Home Aprons, Rubs, and Recipes
- Two Movie Tickets to a Local Theater
The heart and soul of North Carolina lie not in Raleigh, but in its very first capital city, Edenton. Situated just off the Albemarle Sound, in the state's Inner Banks region, this early colonial town found its way onto the map as far back as 1658, when Jamestown settlers decided to venture south. Today, much of the historic downtown remains intact, with beautifully preserved clapboard buildings lining Main Street and magnolia-shaded plantation homes still standing on the banks of Edenton Bay. Of course, with deep history comes deep pride, and residents of Edenton wear it on their sleeves—mostly in the form of barbecue sauce.
The Captain's Quarters Inn, a romantic 1907 bed and breakfast, sits just a stone's throw from the historic district's scenic waterfront. Pick from four nautically themed rooms. On the first floor, Captain Perk's Room offers easy access to the front porch, while rooms on the second floor (The Pirate Anne Bonny Room, The Captain Quilt Room, and The Cutty Sark Room) boast plentiful natural light. All accommodations include complimentary Wi-Fi, private baths, and a piping-hot breakfast each morning.
Admire the antebellum architecture in the village of Edenton before a 6 p.m. happy hour on the first night, where you'll learn how to distinguish one barbecue sauce from another during a tasting, complete with pulled pork and wine. The next morning you'll enroll in pork "Rib University" class. Follow along as award-winning pit master and inn co-owner Don Pariseau helps you make your own rack of St. Louis-style ribs, using in-house rubs and sauces that you'll enjoy later that evening with a festive dinner followed by a movie at the local theater.
"Wonderful service. Welcoming to guests, plentiful with complimentary items—grateful for our LivingSocial [experience]! Delivered on everything promised in the deal and recommended even more local treasures."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, additional as gifts; vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and October 28, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be called-in
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies and a $30 fee will be collected for changes; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher is valid for two guests
- Credit card required when booking
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): August 21-22, September 9-19
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON October 28, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON October 28, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON October 28, 2013 • Enjoy By October 28, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings