Splendor in the South Pacific: Fiji and New Zealand
PacificIslands.com • Auckland, New Zealand
- A 12-Day Trip to New Zealand and Fiji ($2,199 to $2,299 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Los Angeles to Auckland and Fiji via Fiji Airways
- Five-Day Compact Automatic Car Rental While in New Zealand
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights in a Deluxe Room at the Auckland City Hotel, Two Nights in a Standard Room at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua, and Five Nights in a Garden-View Room at The Pearl South Pacific Resort in Fiji
- Welcome Drink and Cool Minted Towel Upon Arrival, Daily Full Buffet Breakfasts, 30-Minute Massage, Daily Activities Program, and Use of Snorkeling Equipment and Kayaks at The Pearl South Pacific Resort
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel Fees Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Roughly 1,300 miles south of Fiji, Auckland is perched on a narrow isthmus at the northern tip of New Zealand. Gazing out at the hundreds of boats docked at Waitemata Harbour, it's easy to see how the City of Sails got its name. More than one million people—including indigenous Māori, Southeast Asians, and the world's largest community of expats—call this thoroughly cosmopolitan city home. Travel deeper south to discover Rotorua, a thrilling geothermal hot-spot brimming with breathtaking geysers, hot springs, and bubbling mud pools.
Emerging from the azure waters of the South Pacific between Hawaii and New Zealand, Fiji is the setting of our deserted island fantasies. More than 300 islands make up this archipelago nation, where secluded beaches, unassuming villages, and posh resorts inspire the glossy pages of travel magazines. The tropical marine climate brings warm, breezy weather year-round, so the right time to visit is all the time.
Experience the South Pacific in all its glory with this Escape, courtesy of PacificIslands.com.
day 1: Depart on your flight from Los Angeles, California, to Auckland, New Zealand, on Fiji Airways with a connection in Fiji.
day 2: Catch some z's as you cross the dateline.
day 3: Touch down at Auckland Airport, where you'll get the keys to your rental vehicle and make your way to your hotel in downtown Auckland's entertainment district.
One night at the Auckland City Hotel.
days 4 and 5: Buckle up for an adventure as you drive south to Rotorua, aptly nicknamed Sulphur City for its unusual scent. Never mind the aroma—the sights are breathtaking to behold. Experience this geothermal playground firsthand as you explore bursting geysers, hot springs, mud pools, and fizzing craters. On your drive, you can opt to take a detour and participate in a guided boat tour of the Waitomo caves, famous for the tiny glowworms that illuminate the walls, at your own expense. The next day is yours to explore the wonders of Rotorua at your own pace. If high-action adventure is your speed, try bungee jumping or Zorbing, in which participants roll downhill inside of an inflated orb.
Two nights at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua.
day 6: Return from Rotorua for an overnight stay in Auckland. Fantasy lovers, look forward to the option to take a tour of the picturesque Hobbiton movie set and see how it was transformed for the big screen at your own expense.
day 7: Fly from Auckland to Fiji, where you'll be whisked from Nadi Airport to your resort.
Five nights at The Pearl South Pacific Resort. Daily breakfast included.
days 8, 9, 10, and 11: Continue your stay at this four-star beachfront resort, which offers kayak rentals and snorkeling equipment free of charge. You'll have these days free to explore the surrounding area at your leisure. (Our suggestions? Take a trip to the resort's onsite spa, play a few holes at the Robert Trent Jones, Jr.-designed Pearl Championship Fiji Golf Course & Country Club, or experience the award-winning Shark Encounter at Beqa Lagoon, all available for additional fees.)
day 12: Transfer from your hotel to Nadi Airport for your evening flight to Los Angeles.
Los Angeles (LAX) departures:
August 10, 17, or 24 ($2,199)
September 1, 7, or 14 ($2,199)
October 1, 19, or 26 ($2,199)
November 2, 9, 16, or 23 ($2,299)
"New Zealand has spectacular scenery from top to bottom; its two main islands encompass nearly every environment on the planet: glaciers, white-sand beaches, fjords, rain forests, alpine lakes, agricultural plains, and volcanic craters and cones."-- Read Fodor's Review of New Zealand
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by August 15, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. Vouchers are non-refundable after redeemed
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $500
- Voucher includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Two Nights in a Deluxe Room at the Auckland City Hotel, Two Nights in a Standard Room at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua, and Five Nights in a Garden-View Room at The Pearl South Pacific Resort in Fiji, a Welcome Drink and Cool Minted Towel Upon Arrival, Daily Full Buffet Breakfasts, 30-Minute Massage, Daily Activities Program, and Use of Snorkeling Equipment and Kayaks at The Pearl South Pacific Resort, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, and Hotel Fees
- Voucher does not include gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees, passport (valid for at least 6 months from travel date)
- US citizens don't require visas to New Zealand and Fiji. Citizens of other countries should check directly with New Zealand and Fiji embassies
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Photos: Tourism New Zealand Copyright.
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 23, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 23, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 23, 2013 • Enjoy By November 23, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 24% savings