Five Chinese Cities, Twelve Days of Discovery
China Travel International • Beijing, China
- A 12-Day Trip to Beijing, Xi'an, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai ($1,599 to $1,999), Including:
- Round-Trip International Flights from New York, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Vancouver to Beijing
- Domestic Flights from Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shangai
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights in Beijing, Two Nights in Xi'an, One Night in Suzhou, One Night in Hangzhou, and Three Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel
- Ten Breakfasts, Six Lunches, and Four Dinners
- Sightseeing by Bus with English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
A multifaceted, modern country with more than 5,000 years of history, China is difficult to capture in words. From the mega metropolises of Beijing and Shanghai on the east coast to the large expanses of bucolic farmland that roll west toward the Himalayas and the ancient city of Xi'an, this massive county is home to more than one billion people.
Travelers can see the past reflected in the solid gaze of a Terra Cotta Warrior and the stony towers of the Great Wall of China, or catch a glimpse of the future in the space-age architecture of the Beijing National Stadium, the site of the 2008 Summer Olympics. Between strolling the open expanses of the Forbidden City and watching giant pandas roll in the snow at the famous Beijing Zoo, every visit to this vast land is the trip of a lifetime.
Experience some of China's most fascinating places with this 12-day trip to Beijing, Xi'an, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and Shanghai, courtesy of China Travel International.
day 1: Take off on an overnight flight from the US to Beijing, crossing the International Date Line. You'll lose a calendar day here, but get it back on your return flight.
day 3: Your time in the Chinese capital begins with a full-day tour of iconic Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Summer Palace. Along the way, you'll stroll beside Lake Kunming and stop at the Pearl Factory for an introduction to freshwater pearls.
Overnight at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing or Traders Hotel Beijing. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 4: Hike along the Great Wall of China, beginning at Juyongguan Pass. After your walk, you'll explore the Jade Museum to learn the rich history of jade carving followed by a visit to the Beijing Zoo to see the giant pandas. Your evening brings a Peking duck feast.
Overnight at Four Points by Sheraton Beijing or Traders Hotel Beijing. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: You'll fly from Beijing to Xi'an, one of the great ancient capitals of China. With more than 3,000 years of history, the city is a treasure trove of millennia of Chinese culture. Your first stop will be at the Small Wild Goose Pagoda, then you'll move on to the Xi'an City Wall, a well-preserved 14th century fortifying wall that was constructed during the early Ming Dynasty.
Overnight at the Titan Times Hotel. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 6: In 221 BC, Qin Shi Huang unified China, becoming the first emperor. Upon his death, a full army of thousands of clay soldiers and horses were buried along with the emperor in his tomb mound. There it remained—completely unknown to the world—until inadvertently uncovered by farmers in 1974. The Terra Cotta Army became one of the century's greatest archaeological discoveries, and you'll get to see it with a visit to the Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses Museum, as well as the Terra Cotta Replication Factory.
Overnight at the Titan Times Hotel. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 7: Catch an early flight to Shanghai, where you'll board a bus to Suzhou—nicknamed "Venice of the East."
Overnight at the Grand Metropark Hotel Suzhou. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Your day begins with a walk around Suzhou's 1,100-year-old Shan Tang Street. Next, you'll visit the Lingering Garden, a classical Chinese garden recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Last, but not least, it's off to the Silk Spinning Factory to learn about the art of silk work. When you're done exploring Suzhou, your bus will take you to Hangzhou, another one of China's great ancient capitals that is known for its teas.
Overnight at the Crowne Plaza Hangzhou Xanadu Resort. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 9: In the morning, you'll take a small boat out on the West Lake for views of the willow-draped islands and centuries-old Su Causeway. Next up, visit the Green Tea Village for a cup of China's famous Longjing tea, then board your bus for the drive back to Shanghai.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 10: Today's city tour begins with a trip to the Shanghai Old Street and the Gem Exhibition Center, followed by a stop at the Bund, a five-block waterfront promenade that runs along the western bank of the Huangpu River. Many of Shanghai's banks and trading houses are located here. Later in the day, head to the bustling shopping of Nanjing Road, Pudong New Area, and Tianzifang, stopping at a local souvenir store on the way. The rest of the afternoon is yours to spend in the Shanghai Museum, home to a collection of 120,000 precious works of art including Chinese bronzes, ceramics, painting, and calligraphy.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 11: Enjoy a free day to explore Shanghai.
Overnight at the Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 12: After saying your goodbyes to China, you'll be driven to the airport to board a flight back to the US.
New York City (JFK) departures: September 29 ($1,999); January 5, 2014 ($1,799)
Chicago (ORD) departures: October 15 ($1,699); October 22 ($1,699); November 5 ($1,699); November 12 ($1,699); December 3 ($1,599)
Houston (IAH) departures: February 19, 2014 ($1,799); March 12, 2014 ($1,799); April 9, 2014 ($1,899); April 16, 2014 ($1,899); April 30 ($1,999)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: September 12 ($1,899); October 10 ($1,899); October 16 ($1,899); October 24 ($1,899); November 3 ($1,799); November 20 ($1,699); February 15, 2014 ($1,699); March 15, 2014 ($1,699)
San Francisco (SFO) departures: November 2 ($1,799)
Vancouver (YVR) departures: October 17 ($1,899); November 2 ($1,799)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Frank and uncomplicated, Beijing’s denizens chat in Běijīnghuà—the gold standard of Mandarin—and marvel at their good fortune for occupying the center of the known world. For all its diligence and gusto, Beijing dispenses with the persistent pace."-- Lonely Planet
"I'm in China right now having the time of my life on this tour. Would strongly recommend it. My travel companions and I are blown away by the value we have received with this trip. Unbelievable on all accounts!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; book by August 15, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please contact 888-410-4111; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Double Occupancy: rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $600. China Travel International offers roommate-matching, contact them with questions
- Voucher includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotels and Itinerary Destinations, Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Three Nights in Beijing, Two Nights in Xi'an, One Night in Suzhou, One Night in Hangzhou, and Three Nights at Renaissance Shanghai Putuo Hotel, Ten Breakfasts, Six Lunches, and Four Dinners, Sightseeing by Bus with English-Speaking Tour Guide Throughout, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Fees, Admissions, and Accident Insurance Included
- Voucher does not include processing of China Visa ($140 Chinese Consulate and $39 by China Travel International for US passport holders and Chinese Consulate charge of C$83.6 per Canadian Passport for single entry visa) other medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary, gratuities of $8 per person per day and any costs not specified as included
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- All deal components must be redeemed during one trip; voucher cannot be used for only room and ticket or return flight will be canceled
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• ONLY VALID ON EVENT DATE
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 64% savings