A Charming Inn in Shropshire's Historic Much Wenlock
The Fox Inn • West Midlands, United Kingdom
- Two- (£149) or Three-Night (£169) Stay for Two People
- Daily Breakfast
- Three-Course Dinner in the First Evening
Nestled on the Welsh border in the West Midlands, Shropshire might not be one of England's most famous counties, but what it lacks in celebrity it makes up with its beautiful pastoral landscapes, historic towns, and fantastic local food and drink. Discover this hidden gem of a place for yourself with a stay at The Fox Inn, Much Wenlock.
We'll let you in on a secret; a two-night stay for two people is just £149 (up to a £260.45 value), or make it three nights for £169 (up to a £345.45 value). This 16th Century inn is steeped in character, with seven individually designed and comfortably outfitted rooms, and located on the High Street of this charming market town nestled in the mid-Shropshire countryside.
Whether staying two or three nights, the first evening of your break will bring with it an included three-course à la carte dinner in the restaurant, lovingly prepared under by owner and chef John. Sourced from Shropshire producers wherever possible, fish is a particular speciality of the kitchen. Each morning, you'll also rise to breakfast.
Much Wenlock has a big history that belies its small size, from the Priory that fell foul of Henry VIII's dissolution to the Wenlock Olympian Games—though the independent clothing and food shops provide modern-day distractions. The Long Mynd in Church Stretton is a popular spot with walkers easily accesible from the inn, with stunning views from atop the undulating hills. Nearby Shrewsbury is well worth a visit too, a Tudor town nestled in a crook of the River Severn.
This Escape is for two people, and is available from Monday to Saturday (the hotel is closed on Sundays). Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Sleepy Shropshire is a glorious scattering of hills, castles and timber-framed villages tucked against the Welsh border."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by September 30, 2013
- Voucher excludes Sunday nights
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a double room
- Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Upgrades available; subject to availability
- Voucher includes: Two- (£149) or Three-Night (£179) Stay for Two People, Daily Breakfast, Three-Course Dinner in the First Evening
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01952 727292 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 43% savings