Bali: The Holy Grail of Exotic Islands
Globotours • Bali, Indonesia
- An Eight-Day Trip to Bali ($2,099 to $2,199 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, or Washington to Bali
- Round-Trip Ground Transportation from Airports to Hotels and Sightseeing Destinations
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for Six Nights in a Deluxe Room at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa
- Daily Breakfast
- Full-Day Art and Nature Tour
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel Taxes, and Service Charges Included
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
Many world travelers regard Bali as the Holy Grail of exotic destinations—the Indonesian island charms all who visit with an intoxicating cocktail of jaw-dropping natural beauty and ritual spirituality. Though petite, this Pacific isle nonetheless explodes with cosmopolitan verve in cities like Kuta and Ubud, while the undeveloped areas to the east teem with tangled bamboo forests in a kaleidoscope of greens. Among the many reasons to visit, the Balinese culture exudes a mystical serenity in its unwavering commitment to ancient ceremony and mesmerizing dance.
You can see both sides of Bali's spirit on this eight-day Escape courtesy of Globotours.
day 1: Depart the US on an overnight flight to Bali. You'll lose a calendar day crossing the International Date Line, but get it back on your return trip.
day 2: Touch down at Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali, where a travel concierge will meet you and escort you to the hotel—located just 25 minutes from the airport.
Overnight at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa. Breakfast provided.
day 3: Wake for a full-day art and nature tour beginning with a stop in Batubalan village to watch the traditional Barong Dance, which tells the story of a mythical battle representing the struggle between good and evil. Then it's off to Celuk, a hub of gold and silver jewelry making, and the woodcarving village of Mas, where artisans create intricate designs by chipping into blocks of wood. You'll also visit workshops and galleries at Ubud, the artistic heart of Bali.
Next, you'll tour the neighboring Elephant Cave (Goa Gajah), one of Bali's most historically significant sites. The facade of this ninth-century sanctuary is carved with creatures and demons, and you'll enter the cave through one of their mystical mouths. The tour then brings you to the cool mountains of Kintamani. Admire Mount Batur—with ribbons of black lava running down its peak—and the shimmering lake of Batur. When you return to the city, you'll stop at the holy springs, believed to possess magical curative powers.
Overnight at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa. Breakfast provided.
days 4 to 7: No planned activities means you're free to spend your remaining days in Bali as you please. Spend a day on the glorious white-sand beaches, join other surfers out on the pristine waters, schedule a pampering spa treatment, or shop for artsy souvenirs in Ubud. For an exquisite dinner, visit Bumbu Bali—one of the area's first five-star restaurants serving authentic Balinese cuisine.
Four nights at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa. Daily breakfast provided.
day 8: Depart the resort and head to the airport to catch your return flight to the US.
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: September 15 to November 30, 2013; January 15 to March 20, 2014 ($2,099)
San Francisco (SFO) departures: September 15 to November 30, 2013; January 15 to March 20, 2014 ($2,099)
Chicago (ORD) departures: September 15 to November 30, 2013; January 15 to March 20, 2014 ($2,199)
Dallas (DFW) departures: September 15 to November 30, 2013; January 15 to March 20, 2014 ($2,199)
Washington (IAD) departures: September 15 to November 30, 2013; January 15 to March 20, 2014 ($2,199)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"Bali really is as alluring as everyone says. This island, only slightly bigger than Delaware, has it all: beaches, volcanoes, terraced rice fields, forests, renowned resorts, surfing, and world-class dive sites."-- Read Fodor's Review of Bali
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by August 15, 2013
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchants cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see globotours.net/Terms.aspx
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, vouchers will be considered used and 100% non-refundable
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $525
- All prices are based on departures Monday through Thursdays; the weekend surcharge is $125
- Voucher includes double-occupancy accommodations for six nights in a Deluxe Room at Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa, daily breakfast, full-day art and nature tour, airline taxes, fuel surcharges, hotel taxes, and service charges
- Voucher does not include passport and visa fees (if applicable), all passengers must have a passport valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond the completion of travel (review the State Department's website for all requirements prior to travel), meals and beverages other than specified, personal and baggage insurance, gratuities to drivers, local guides, Bali landing visa fee of approx. $25 per person and local departure tax (payable in rupiah only) of 150,000 IDR (approx. US17.00) per person payable on departure at the airport, and costs for anything not specified on the deal
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Stays must be completed within date range purchased
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): October 2-10 and December 3-5
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 20, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 9, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 20, 2014 • Enjoy By March 20, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 22% savings