Rafting and Rappelling in Costa Rica
Costa Rica Descents • La Fortuna, Costa Rica
- Jungle & Volcano Package for Two: Two Nights at the Hacienda Pozo Azul, Tirimbina Chocolate Tour, Entrance to La Paz Waterfall Gardens, Three Nights at Arenal Volcano Inn, Rafting and Rappelling, Organic Farm Tour, Canopy Tour, Arenal Volcano Hike, Los Lagos Hot Springs Tour, and Two Lunches ($1,289)
- Wildlife Lovers Package for Two: Five Nights at Arenal Volcano Inn, River Safari Float, Hot Springs Trip, Rafting Trip, Organic Farm Tour, One Lunch, and One Dinner ($899)
- Jungle & Beach Package for Two: Three Nights at Arenal Volcano Inn in La Fortuna, Two Nights at Hotel Inn on the Park in Manuel Antonio, Round-Trip Transportation to Manuel Antonio, Rafting and Rappelling Trip, Manuel Antonio National Park Guided Tour, and One Lunch ($1,169)
- Daily Breakfast
- Round-Trip Airport Transfers from San Jose's Juan Santamaría International Airport
- All Transportation to/from Activities
- Welcome Cocktail Reception
They say that fortune favors the bold, and nowhere is this more true than in Latin America's adventure capital: La Fortuna, Costa Rica. Channel your inner explorer with one of three packages—Jungle & Volcano, Wildlife Lovers, or Jungle & Beach—from Costa Rica Descents.
Jungle & Volcano: After landing in San Jose, you'll transfer to Hacienda Pozo Azul, a 2,000-acre working ranch where you'll spend the next two nights in a tent suite. On day two, you'll tour the Tirimbina Biological Preserve, where you'll learn about chocolate production while hiking across suspension bridges and through a former cacao growing plot. Next, it's off to La Paz Waterfall Gardens, home to more than 100 species of animals. On day three, you'll head to Arenal Volcano Inn (or similar hotel), at the base of Arenal Volcano, where you'll spend the next three nights. During your stay here, you'll raft Class III and IV rivers, learn to rappel, tour an organic farm, explore the treetops on a canopy tour, hike the volcano, and soak five days' worth of sore muscles at Los Lagos Hot Springs.
Wildlife Lovers: This package begins with a mellow river safari down the Peñas Blancas River, where you'll spot tropical birds, monkeys, poison dart frogs, caimans, and other exotic wildlife. At night, you'll stay at the Arenal Volcano Inn (or similar hotel). The next day, you'll take a guided hike to nearby hot springs, which is followed by dinner for two. Finally, get ready to paddle down Class II rapids, then tour an organic farm tour.
Jungle & Beach: You'll spend the first three days in La Fortuna rafting the Sarapiquí and Balsa rivers, hiking and down-climbing through a secluded rain forest, rappelling down a waterfall, and paddling Class III and IV rapids. At night, you'll retire to the Arenal Volcano Inn (or similar hotel). The package also includes a tour and lunch at an organic farm. Then it's off to Manuel Antonio National Park for a two-night stay at Hotel Inn on the Park. A full-day nature tour, complete with a bilingual, government-licensed naturalist, takes guests through the entire park. You'll spot monkeys, coatis, sloths, exotic birds, and lizards along the way, and at the end you'll get a chance to bask on the beautiful white-sand beaches that punctuate the park.
"This business is amazing. Every person on the staff was extremely professional, sincere, and knowledgable. They truly care about their business and providing the best experience possible."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and April 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests; please contact Costa Rica Descents for policies and rates for additional travelers
- All vouchers include daily breakfast, park guided tour, round-trip airport transfers from San Jose's Juan Santamaría International Airport, all transportation to and from activities and a welcome cocktail reception
- Jungle & Volcano Package (option A) also includes a canopy tour, Arenal Volcano hike, Los Lagos Hot Springs Tour, and two lunches
- Jungle & Beach Package (option C) also includes a rafting and rappelling trip, Manuel Antonio National Park guided tour, and one lunch
- Volcano Inn is subject to availability. If full, guests may choose to stay at Kokoro, La Rradera, or Casa Luna; subject to availability
- Government and package (activities taxes) of 20% not included; payable directly to the property at check-in
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): December 20 - January 1
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 19, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 30, 2014 • Enjoy By April 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 45% savings