Rafting or Zip-Lining in the Nantahala River Gorge
Wildwater • Bryson City, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Yurt with a Guided White-Water Rafting Trip on the Nantahala River for Two ($149)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Yurt with a Zip Line Canopy Tour of Nantahala Gorge for Two ($199)
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Once home to Cherokee tribes who lived off the abundant berries and trout, the Nantahala River Gorge still abounds with old-growth forest, placid lakes, and cold mountain streams—the setting of your Wildwater adventures. The swift-moving Nantahala River is a rafter's dream, while above the gorge, crystal-clear Nantahala Lake teems with walleye, sunfish, and bass. Sandwiched between several national forests and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, you'll be surrounded by a network of trails steeped in early-morning mists and Native American history.
Forget about the cramped pup tents from your childhood scouting trips: Wildwater's Nantahala Yurt Village is the ultimate in spacious, modern glamping. Scattered among the evergreens on 22 mountain acres, each brick-red yurt is built with heavy-duty canvas and wood framing, creating a domed den that blends seamlessly with the natural surroundings. Inside, a canopied or four-poster bed ensures a comfortable sleep, while amenities like a refrigerator, coffee maker, and CD player make life in the wilderness a lot more civilized. Outside, your yurt's private deck overlooks the pond—the perfect perch for sipping your morning coffee.
Adrenaline-fueled but family-friendly, Wildwater's Nantahala River rafting trip sails through class I, II, and III whitewater on swift currents. An experienced guide preps paddlers for eight miles of exhilarating waves with instructions on safety and technique, and afterwards, a warm shower awaits at the Wildwater Adventure Center.
If you prefer wings to water, float among the treetops on the Nantahala Gorge canopy tour, featuring 13 zip lines and eight swinging bridges. Powered by the gorge's gradual elevation change, you'll soar past hemlocks and hardwoods with 50-mile views of the surrounding mountains.
You don't need a merit badge to be an expert on fun—just snag this Escape today.
"The best white-water rafting in the state—perhaps in the entire country—is in the Great Smoky Mountains along the Nantahala River."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and December 1, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- 7.5% fee is included in all reservations which guarantees cancellations can be made up until 5 p.m. the day before activity or lodging. Merchant retains the 7.5% fee and will refund the balance. Cancellations made after 5 p.m. are non-refundable, the 7.5% is non-refundable
- Rafting season ends October 27, 2013 and subject to availability
- Ziplining canopy tours are closed Mondays and Tuesdays in September, Mondays in October, and Monday-Wednesdays in November, Please call for more information; subject to availability
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): August 30- September 1 and November 28
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 1, 2013 • Enjoy By December 1, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 42% savings