Classic Cool on the Cape
Whalewalk Inn • Eastham, MA
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Luxury Queen ($378), a Deluxe Queen Suite ($384), or a Luxury King ($450)
- Full Gourmet Breakfast Each Day
- After-Dinner Cordials and Cookies
- Late Noon Checkout
It's easy to get hooked on Cape Cod, Massachusetts's curling headland known for boutique shopping, clam bakes, and landscapes that inspire the same smooth sentimentality as the subjects of an oil painting. These 400 miles of lighthouse-laden shoreline play host to a "Cultural Coast": Presidential vacation spots, whale-watching in Provincetown, windsurfing at Nantucket Sound, and trendsetting in Chatham. Be they writers, golfers, or summer-ers, everyone's a fisher, so seafood is always a staple on the menu. While the Cape escapes the inland winter chill, cool Canadian currents keep light fleece in fashion year-round.
The Whalewalk Inn & Spa, a tranquil country retreat where evenings are spent on the beach listening to the waves crash against the shoreline, oozes classic New England style. Built in 1830 as a whale master's home, this romantic inn is situated on three landscaped acres off a quiet country road, though guests will still find themselves within minutes of all things Cape Cod. Each King Suite and Luxury Queen Room is appointed with a deep soaking tub, a four-poster bed, an intimate fireplace, and plush bedding. The Deluxe Queen Suites boast a queen bedroom, a living room with fireplace, a dining area, a fully appointed kitchenette, and a standard bath.
Be sure to inquire at the inn about discounts and special add-ons, from chocolates and flowers to wine and cheese. The inn also offers 30 percent off additional nights as well as a special summer upgrade.
During the day, explore Eastham by bike with a discounted rental from Little Capistrano Bike Shop. Downtown Orleans is packed with antique shops and art galleries, cute cafes and family-owned eateries, while a detour to the beach, less than a mile from the inn, affords exceptional wildlife viewing. Head north to Provincetown or south to Chatham, both about 30 minutes away, for a whale-watching tour or harbor cruise (inquire at the inn for a $5 discount on whale-watching tickets). Or, if you're feeling adventurous, rent a kayak and explore the bay with a paddle.
For dinner, make your way to Abba Restaurant for its Middle Eastern-inspired menu; Chillingsworth for bistro dining or a fabulous five-course French menu; Mahoney's for amazing tuna sashimi; or lobstah, fish 'n' chips, or fried clams at Arnold's, the Bookstore, or Pearl.
"For Breakfast, the outdoor patio is the most enjoyable setting we have experienced at a B&B and the afternoon goodies to enjoy with our bottle of wine were superb."-- BedandBreakfast.com
"Great place to stay on the Cape. Near some great beaches and restaurants and the service and breakfast is outstanding."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and November 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations or with any other offers, discounts, coupons or gift certificates
- Direct bookings only
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- $20 Resort Fee, Room and State Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): East Suite from November 1-30
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • Enjoy By November 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 40% savings