Boutique Elegance in California's Capital City
The Citizen Hotel: • Sacramento, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Queen Room ($109)
- Or, a One-Night Romance Package for Two, Including a $90 Food-and-Beverage Credit, a Bottle of Sparkling Wine, Dessert for Two in Your Room, a Naughty Love Box of Surprises, Late Checkout, and Valet Parking ($379)
- Book Consecutive Nights to Extend Your Stay
At the crossroads of Gold Country and California chic, with the rugged Sierra Range to the east and the cosmopolitan sensibilities of San Francisco to the west, Sacramento is indeed California's capital city. Representing the state's many personalities, from historic Old Sacramento to the stately Capitol Building, this city of 500,000 is tough to pin down, easy to love, and an absolute blast to explore.
The Citizen Hotel is the kind of place you'd spot visiting dignitaries. And not just because it's four blocks from the California State Capitol. Boasting views of the Capitol's ivory columns from the hotel's south-facing windows—and views of City Hall from the north side—this Joie de Vivre property is Downtown Sacramento's only boutique luxury hotel. Built in the '20s, it's been renovated to incorporate modern amenities (iPod docking stations, LCD TVs, luxury Lather bath amenities) while preserving its historical integrity, showcasing leather and marble touches throughout, original woodwork, and an immaculate library in the lobby.
The on-site restaurant and bar, Grange, also impresses. The dining room features high ceilings and hardwood floors, and draws crowds every night of the week with classic California cuisine and a farm-to-fork approach. Start with Watanabe Farms heirloom tomatoes and Brentwood corn, move on to a Niman Ranch ribeye with onion marmalade, and complement it with a glass or two from the sprawling wine list, much of which is sourced in California.
"The Citizen Hotel is Sacramento's newest and swankiest boutique hotel, and Joie de Vivre's newest addition to its family of hotels does not disappoint."-- Frommer's
the fine print
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are nontransferrable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Must be 21 years of age or older to check in
- Valid for up to 2 guests
- Occupancy tax 12%, City of Sacramento tax 3%, CA Tourism Assessment $.15 not included and payable to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations or room block stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
from $0* /night
(includes taxes and fees)