A Natural Stunner in North Carolina
Balsam Mountain Inn • Balsam, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Regular Room
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast
- Bottle of Champagne or Wine with Two Custom-Made Wine or Champagne Glasses
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
The Blue Ridge Parkway's tagline? "America's Favorite Drive." But it isn't just fishing for compliments: The 469-mile All-American Road (one of 31 in the US, per the US Department of Transportation) that stretches through the Appalachians was named one of America's Most Iconic Drives by Travel + Leisure and continues to rack up awards, particularly during the fall. Quite the media darling when it comes to the foliage, the area has earned rave reviews for its turning leaves—but snow-capped or in full spring bloom, the area is natural eye-candy year round.
Enter the Balsam Mountain Inn, tucked between the cloud-caressing Plott Balsam and Richland Balsam mountain ranges about 30 miles from Asheville. This Neoclassical-style outpost first opened its doors in 1908; today, it's fully restored and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The mansard roof is still intact and the halls are lined with an array of modern and historic artwork. Each room is different, offering its own eclectic and whimsical take on comfort and hospitality.
Cruise along the Blue Ridge Parkway, located a mere quarter-mile from the inn and named one of America's Best Fall Color Drives by Travel + Leisure, or hike along Waterrock Knob, the highest peak of the Plott Balsam range with an elevation of 6,292 feet.
Order dinner in the inn's dining room. "The restaurant is fabulous—softly lighted, with warm wood tones. It gets an 'A' for atmosphere and cuisine, especially the mountain trout. A sumptuous breakfast awaits in the morning," says Southern Living. And sumptuous it is, with a rotating menu that may include caramelized French toast, eggs Elizabethan, or cracked pepper biscuits with gravy and grits.
"It's set in a drop-dead-gorgeous part of the mountains, overlooking the little town of Balsam. Lying just a quarter of a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway, the inn was constructed in a neoclassical style, with a mansard roof and wraparound porches."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and September 30, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Blackout date(s): August 30- September 2
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 30, 2013 • Enjoy By September 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 44% savings