Culinary Treats in an Autumnal Devon
Browns Hotel • Devon, United Kingdom
- One- (£139) or Two-Night (£215) Stay for Two People in a Standard Double Room
- Daily Continental Breakfast
- Six-Course Tasting Menu on First Evening in Two AA Rosette-Awarded Restaurant
- Devonshire Cream Tea (Two-Night Stays)
- 11a.m Checkout
The difference between a Devon cream tea and a Cornish cream tea? It's all about the order in which you lavish your scones with jam and cream. If you're a jam then cream type, you're a Cornish cream tea-er. Cream then jam? Welcome to Devonshire. And there's more where that came from; learn the ins and outs of South West cuisine courtesy of this Escape: a gourmet stay at Browns Hotel on the edge of Dartmoor National Park.
Two people can stay at the elegant four-star establishment for one night in a standard double room for £139 (up to a £257 value), or an extended two-night stay for £215 (up to a £392 value). Accommodation is up there with the crème de la crème: rooms are individually decorated and feature en suite with Molton Brown amenities, LCD TV with satellite, DVD player and library, digital radio, tea- and coffee-making facilities, and Wi-Fi access. The hotel holds an Enjoy England four-star gold award.
The culinary delights include a full English breakfast (described by The Daily Telegraph as 'superb') one morning, continental breakfast the other, six-course tasting menu on the first night, and Devonshire cream tea* on one day. When it comes to the menu, you'll fish through tempting contemporary British dishes at the chic two AA Rosette-awarded Library Restaurant and Wine Bar. The restaurant was the winner of the Best Foodie Hotel in the South West at Food Reader Awards 2012.
There's no need to split too early thanks to late midday checkout; in fact, you can use the extra time to really lay the fun on thick with a visit to The Wharf Arts and Entertainment Centre, The Tamar Valley Donkey Park, Morwellham Quay Museum, and Pannier Market in Tavistock itself, or the National Marine Aquarium, Pecorama, Canonteign Falls, Powderham Castle, Arlington Court, Bicton Park Botanical Gardens, Watermouth Castle, Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre, and of course the many beaches elsewhere in Devon.
- This Escape is for two people with availability Sunday to Friday.
- *Devonshire cream tea is for two-night stays.
- Children under 2 years are charged £10 per child, per night for cots / cribs.
- Children over 2 years are charged £25 per child, per night for extra beds.
- Maximum of one extra bed per room.
- Pets allowed on request; additional charge may apply.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at email@example.com—be sure to quote the name of the property.
"[Dartmoor is] a stark, wild and bleakly beautiful place, dotted with granite-topped hills, marshy bogs and patches of purple heather, as well as many weirdly shaped tors."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Voucher valid for Sunday to Thursday stays only
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed between September 1 and November 30, 2013
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard double room
- All children under 3 years stay free of charge when using existing beds. All children under 2 years are charged £10 per person per night for children's cots/cribs. All older children or adults are charged £25 per person per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1. Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management. Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay
- Wi-Fi included
- Voucher includes: 1 or 2 Night stay in a standard double, Continental Breakfast, Devonshire Cream (Option B one day only), 6 Course Tasting menu (Option B one day only)
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Please contact 01822 618 686 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2013 • Enjoy By November 30, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 46% savings