Touching the Taj: Passage to India
Gate 1 Travel • New Delhi, India
- A Nine-Day Trip to India ($1,699 to $1,999 per Person) Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from NYC to Delhi
- Six Nights Hotel Accommodations at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Ramada Jaipur, and Trident, Agra Hotel
- Six Breakfasts, One Lunch, and Three Dinners
- All Transports and 24-Hour Airport Arrival-and-Departure Services
- Local English-Speaking Tour Guides and Sightseeing Tours and Activities Listed in the Itinerary
- Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel/Resort Fees, and Entrance and Admissions Fees Included
- Rate Is Per Person Based on Double Occupancy; Single Occupancy Requires an Additional Fee
In Delhi, denim-clad teenagers skip about the streets with cell phones plastered to their ears listening to the latest Bollywood track. Mere miles away on the slopes of a nearby rural village, cows move freely down dirt roads past women in saris preparing midday meals by hand. This is India: a contradiction in culture, in time, and in history, and one of the few places on earth where historical change unfolds in real time before your eyes.
day 1: Take an overnight flight—complete with meals, complimentary drinks, and in-flight entertainment—from New York (LGA, JFK, or EWR) to Delhi.
day 2: Arrive in Delhi where guides will greet you and ensure your transfer to your 4.5-star hotel. Enjoy the day at your leisure.
Overnight at DoubleTree by Hilton in Delhi.
day 3: Local representatives will walk you through the itinerary with a welcome orientation and introduce you to your surroundings in India's capital. Enjoy a cycle rickshaw ride through the intricate and chaotic streets around Old Delhi and visit the Jama Masjid mosque, Birla Temple, the India Gate, the Parliament House, the Presidential Palace, and the home where Mahatma Gandhi spent his final days.
Overnight at DoubleTree by Hilton in Delhi. Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 4: Take the morning in Delhi before traveling to Jaipur, the famed Pink City of India that was painted as such in honor of a 19th century visit from the Prince of Wales. Stop by a jewelry shop and a local market in Delhi boasting fine Indian textiles followed by a visit to UNESCO World Heritage site Qutab Minar, the world's tallest brick minaret. Then, make your way to Jaipur in an air-conditioned coach bus.
Overnight at Ramada Jaipur. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 5: Embark on an excursion to the 16th century Amber Fort via jeep (or elephant back, if available), and admire views of Jaipur's original city walls and the Maotha Lake below. Browse the Rajasthan textile and handicrafts market or the city's many colorful bazaars brimming with flowers and spices. Then, venture off on your own to see the City Palace and its delightful gardens.
Overnight at Ramada Jaipur. Breakfast provided.
day 6: Travel to the medieval city of Agra. On the way, you'll stop to visit the city of Abhaneri—three hours outside Agra—and peer into the Chand Baori stepwell that dates back to the 8th century or (depending on the season) admire the stunning architecture of Fatehpur Sikri. Nearby, a visit to the temple of Harshat Mata, ornately dedicated to the goddess of joy and happiness, is a must-see. When you arrive in Agra, use the remainder of your day for self-guided exploration.
Overnight at Trident, Agra hotel. Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 7: Your trip's magnum opus builds in a dramatic crescendo to an iconic visit to the Taj Mahal. The monumental construction, which took 22 years to complete, is most famous for its white-marble dome—of which you'll have your fill with a visit to a local marble shop following your tour.
Overnight at Trident, Agra hotel. Breakfast provided.
day 8: Depart Agra for Delhi where you'll arrive at the DoubleTree by Hilton Gurgaon and enjoy a farewell dinner at the hotel. Included ground transfer will transport you to the airport late in the evening or shortly after midnight for your return flight home.
Breakfast and dinner provided.
day 9: Arrive back in the United States.
NYC departures for 2013: October 7, 10, 14, 17, 28, and 31 ($1,799); November 7, 18, 21, and 25 ($1,799); and December 19 ($1,999)
NYC departures for 2014: January 20 and 23 ($1,699); February 3, 6, 10, and 27 ($1,699); March 6 ($1,699); April 3, 10, and 24 ($1,899)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print).
"India bristles with an eclectic mélange of ethnic groups; an intoxicating cultural cocktail for the traveller. With such astonishing diversity, you will be taken on a journey that will linger in your mind long after you’ve left her shores."-- Lonely Planet
"The customer service representative, Margo, went above and beyond to make our trip happen. We are so grateful and appreciative of her support. Indeed, she made us want to return to Gate 1 for future positive experiences and travel opportunities."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be made by August 27, 2013
- Must be 21 or older to make booking and anyone under 18 must be traveling with another person that is 21 or older; travelers on the tour must be 8 years of age or older
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $420
- Triples are not allowed
- Must be at least 18 to check-in and at least 8 to travel
- Merchant cancellation policy applies. For more information, please see www.gate1travel.com/terms.aspx#CANCELLATION
- Upon confirmation, voucher will be considered used and 100% non-refundable and airfare in non-refundable once ticketed
- Flights from best available gateway out of New York City (EWR, JFK, LGA) at time of booking
- Voucher includes Six Nights Hotel Accommodations at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Ramada Jaipur, and Trident, Agra Hotel, Six Breakfasts, One Lunch, and Three Dinners, All Transports and 24-Hour Airport Arrival-and-Departure Services, Local English-Speaking Tour Guides and Sightseeing Tours and Activities Listed in the Itinerary, Airline Taxes, Fuel Surcharges, Hotel/Resort Fees, and Entrance and Admissions Fees Included
- Voucher does not include gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses, passport and visa fees
- This 9 day program is a comprehensive fast-paced tour featuring the highlights of India in a brief visit; for more leisurely options, please check our longer-stay tours
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking; subject to availability
- Visas required
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Due to physical constraints and space limitations, wheelchairs, walkers and motorized scooters may not be taken aboard motor coaches, nor are these devices suitable for touring. These devices may be utilized in public spaces such as airports, however may not be used while sightseeing
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 24, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 13, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 24, 2014 • Enjoy By April 24, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 19% savings