Away from it All in the Mountains of Ojai
Hummingbird Inn • Ojai, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a King or Two-Queen Bungalow, Sundays through Thursdays ($93)
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a King or Two-Queen Bungalow, Fridays ($129)
- Two Glasses of Wine or Two Draft Beers at The Deer Lodge
Ojai played the role of Shangri-La—a sort of earthly paradise—in Frank Capra's 1937 film Lost Horizon. And for good reason. This idyllic valley just 80 miles from Los Angeles is surrounded by the unspoiled mountain landscapes of the Los Padres National Forest, while the beaches of Ventura lie 15 minutes west and the red-roof cityscape of Santa Barbara, often called the American Riviera, beckons day-trippers just 25 miles north. It's all right here in heavenly Ojai.
The Hummingbird Inn makes a fine case for Shangri-La, itself, with its namesake hummingbirds flitting about the grounds' manicured gardens, sun deck, and pool area. Each of 31 rooms is adorned with stylish yet homey décor, some with well-preserved hardwood floors and elegant white plantation-style window shutters, and all with crisp white linens, a flat-screen TV, and plenty of sunlight.
Breakfast each morning includes coffee and tea, plus fruit, bagels, and waffles. There's even a juicer for guests to make fresh-squeezed OJ. After you've explored the peaks and valleys of the surrounding Topatopa Mountains, the Spanish-style arcade downtown, and the beaches to the west, inquire at the front desk about a massage, which can be performed in the privacy of your guest room.
"Our room was extremely clean and chic, with hardwood floors, plenty of storage space, extremely comfy beds (and linens), and a great free breakfast each morning. I definitely recommend the Hummingbird Inn to anyone traveling to the Ojai area!"-- Hotels.com
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 1 per customer, 1 additional as a gift; vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through December 31, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes two glasses of wine or two draft beers at The Deer Lodge
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fees not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Upgrades to pet-friendly rooms available for an additional $50 fee; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- Blackout date(s): August 30-September 2; October 11-14; October 31; November 28–29; December 24–25; December 31, 2013
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 31, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 31, 2013 • Enjoy By December 31, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings