Centuries of Entertainment in Williamsburg
The Historic Powhatan Resort • Williamsburg, VA
- A Minimum Two-Night Stay for Up to Four Guests in a One-Bedroom Unit
- Or, a Minimum Two-Night Stay for Up to Six Guests in a Two-Bedroom Unit
- $25 Dining Credit at the Powhatan Grille
- Book Up to Ten Consecutive Nights for an Extended Stay
At the very core of American civilization lies Williamsburg, founded in 1632. Known then as Middle Plantation, it would later serve as a political hub during the American Revolution, and as the capital of Virginia for more than 80 years. Today, Williamsburg stands as the best-preserved artifact of our country's roots, its historic district comprising more than 170 acres and featuring buildings from as early as 1699. Through historical reenactments and simply strolling the town's cobblestone streets, guests are transported to the earliest iterations of American life.
Set on 256 acres, The Historic Powhatan Resort makes the perfect home base for those exploring Williamsburg. More like apartments than hotel rooms, units feature a full kitchen, a king- or queen-size bed in the master bedroom, and either twin beds or a sofa bed in the living area. The resort also boasts a fitness center with racquetball courts, tennis courts, mini golf, and a game room and playground for little ones.
When your stomach starts rumbling like musket fire, head over to The Kitchen at Powhatan, serving upscale classic American fare, like apricot-glazed quail with bourbon mashed sweet potatoes, rib-eye with blue cheese and bacon grit cakes, and oysters Rockefeller—named for the fella who funded the preservation of Williamsburg—with fire-roasted corn, salty pancetta, and juicy lump crab meat.
Take a step back in time with a visit to the historic district, where you'll see a number of reenactments amidst the pre-Revolutionary War architecture. Then, visit the Jamestown Settlement to see re-creations of the three ships that brought the original settlers to Virginia and a Powhatan Indian village. Williamsburg is also home to the nation's second-oldest institution of higher learning, the College of William & Mary, and just a few short miles from The Historic Powhatan Resort.
"Today, Williamsburg's Historic Area is, for all practical purposes, one of the world's largest and best living-history museums."-- Frommer's
the fine print
- Includes one $25 Restaurant Certificate to Powhatan Grille
- Minimum two-night stay required; nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Check-in: 4 p.m. / Checkout: 10 a.m.
- Your Escapes Booking is valid for up to 4 guests in a 1 bedroom and up to 6 guests in a 2 bedroom
- 11% sales taxes $2/night city fee are not included and will be collected at time of redemption
- $100 refundable incidental deposit is due at the time of check-in with major credit cards or debit cards
- Charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations or room blocks
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other standard terms and conditions may apply; visit www.livingsocial.com/terms for more information
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
detailsOne Queen Bed, One Queen Sofa, Partial Kitchen, Bathroom Amenity Kit, Hair Dryer, DVD Player, Cable, Washer/Dryer, Alarm Clock Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $one bedroom$ $68 avg/night
detailsOne King, One Queen or Two Twin Beds, One Queen Sofabed, Full Kitchen, Bathroom Amenity Kit, Hair Dryer, DVD Player, Cable, Washer/Dryer, Alarm Clock Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $two bedroom$ $90 avg/night
(includes taxes and fees)