Spanish Style in the Hills of Catalina Island
Casa Mariquita Hotel • Avalon, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard King Room
- Or, a One-Night Stay for Two in a King Room with Balcony and a Bottle of Champagne
On a clear day, dozens of sunlit yachts drift into Santa Catalina's Avalon Harbor. There aren't many places in the world where you can expect to see a herd of bison by day and a school of flying fish by night, but Catalina Island fits the bill. Brought to the island by ferry for a classic movie shoot only to be abandoned later, the buffalo that roam the rugged hills lucked out—with sunny skies and year-round temperatures that hover near 70 degrees, who wouldn't want to be marooned on these palm-lined, silvery sand shores? Just 22 miles south off the Southern California coast, the island's hilly acreage and crystal waters have attracted LA County for more than a century.
Set in the heart of Avalon, though a bit removed from the bustle of the main street, Crescent Avenue, the open-air Casa Mariquita Hotel boasts Spanish architecture and provides superior accommodations. Built in 1990, it's still the island's most recently constructed hotel, offering several different room types, with hardwood and tile floors, ornate Spanish-style bed frames, colorful artwork, and updated amenities, such as flat-screen TVs and refrigerators.
Though it's within walking distance of Avalon's beaches, shops, and restaurants, Casa Mariquita is set in the hills surrounding town, offering peace, quiet, and beautiful views. Step out onto one of two outdoor patios, complete with terra cotta tiles and patio furniture, that look out onto the ocean and into town. Or, hitch a ride on the trolley, which stops right next to the hotel, and head for Wrigley Memorial & Botanic Garden. There you'll find the trailhead for the gently sloping Garden to Sky Hike, which offers spectacular views of the island.
"After an unhealthy dose of the mainland's soupy smog and freeway gridlock, you'll appreciate an excursion to Santa Catalina Island, with its clean air, crystal-clear water, and the blissful absence of traffic."-- Frommer's
the fine print
- King Room with Balcony option (only) includes one bottle of champagne
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 21 or over to check-in
- Reservation Name must match the name on the traveler's photo identification, which must be presented at check-in. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Escapes Bookings are only valid for the date(s) purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates; Escapes Bookings are subject to forfeiture
- Escapes Bookings expire on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email. You must redeem your Escapes Booking on the date(s) purchased and times indicated on the Confirmation Email
- Your Escapes Booking is valid for 2 guests
- 12% taxes are not included and will be collected at time of redemption
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the hotel property are not included
- No refunds allowed
- Not valid on existing reservations or toward group stays
- Escapes Bookings must be used in a single visit and cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
- Other standard terms and conditions may apply; visit www.livingsocial.com/terms for more information
- Other conditions apply
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
from $0* /night
detailsmini fridge, iron, hair dryer, flatscreen TV w/basic cable, a/c, private balcony Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $standard king room$ $191 avg/night
detailsmini fridge, iron, hair dryer, flatscreen TV w/basic cable, a/c, private balcony Max Occupancy: 2room rates from $king room with ba...$ $227 avg/night
(includes taxes and fees)