Volcano, Jungle, and Beach Tour of Costa Rica
JetSet Vacations • La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
- A Seven-Day Trip to Costa Rica, Including:
- Three Nights at Los Lagos Hotel, Spa & Resort in La Fortuna; Three Nights at Hotel Guanamar in Playa Sámara with Complimentary Upgrade to Ocean-View Room
- Daily Breakfast and One Lunch
- One Guided Canopy our, One Rafting or Safari Float, and One Kayak Tour
- Entry to Hot Springs and Butterfly Garden
- Round-Trip Airport Transfers; Transfer from La Fortuna to Playa Sámara
Costa Rica leads the pack when it comes to preserving the environment, with about a quarter of its land protected by national parks. Which comes as no surprise, given that more than 500,000 species—roughly 4 percent of the earth's total—live within Costa Rica's borders, from the world's fastest lizard to the rarely seen but always-heard howler monkey.
It's also home to Arenal Volcano, one of the planet's most active volcanoes. Just 10 kilometers from Arenal lies the small town of La Fortuna, where a focus on eco-tourism creates an artful balance of luxury and nature. And about 200 kilometers south of La Fortuna, on the Pacific Coast, the secluded shores of Playa Sámara come alive with beach-bound visitors and native fishermen. One of Costa Rica's hidden gems, this Pacific paradise offers a superb coral reef and one of the cleanest and best-preserved beaches in the entire country. Discover it all on this Escape, courtesy of JetSet Vacations.
days 1, 2, and 3: After landing at San Jose International Airport, you'll meet with a representative from JetSet Vacations who will transfer you to Los Lagos Hotel, Spa & Resort. The closest hotel to Arenal, this hot springs resort features a huge outdoor playground of winding pathways and footbridges, tropical gardens and burbling creeks, natural mineral hot springs and swimming pools with waterslides, and up-close views of the volcano. Standard rooms are basic, with tile floors, air-conditioning, hot water, cable TV, and a private bathroom.
During your three-night stay at the foot of Arenal, you'll take part in a number of fun adventures. A guided canopy tour takes guests high into the trees of the rain forest, where you'll zip across ravines and through lush foliage, covering nearly 3 kilometers along the route of 12 different cables. And at the onsite butterfly garden, you'll get a chance to spot dozens of these exotic insects in their natural habitat. If you want some alone-time in the jungle, take a self-guided hike around several miles of jungle trails. Looking for more adventure? Inquire about whitewater rafting, waterfall rappelling, cave exploration, and more.
Three nights at Los Lagos Hotel, Spa & Resort. Daily breakfast included.
days 4, 5, 6, and 7: On day four, you'll board a van and head south to Playa Sámara, where you'll spend three nights at Hotel Guanamar, which has been serving guests of Costa Rica's Pacific Coast for more than 25 years. It sits on a hilltop overlooking the ocean and is just a couple of kilometers from the beach, boasting a bar and restaurant, a swimming pool, thatch-roof bungalows, and a network of garden trails. Each of 37 rooms comes with air-conditioning, satellite TV, hot water, and a private bathroom. You'll even get a complimentary upgrade to an ocean-view room.
On the way to Sámara, you'll have your choice of a Class III and IV rafting adventure on the Tenorio River or a mellow safari float. And in the days ahead, you'll be treated to a kayak adventure. The excursion takes paddlers through the tropical forests and dense mangroves of the Ora River to Camaronal Beach. Along the way, you might spot colorful birds, monkeys, lizards, and other exotic fauna. On day seven, you'll board a bus to Liberia International Airport for your flight back home.
Three nights at Hotel Guanamar. Daily breakfast included.
"Despite its popularity and mass appeal, Costa Rica remains a place rich in natural wonders and biodiversity, where you can still find yourself far from the maddening crowds."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between now and December 10, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- Airfare not included; contact JetSet vacations with questions regarding booking flights
- All taxes included
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 10, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 10, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 10, 2013 • Enjoy By December 10, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 47% savings