Serenity in Small-Town Connecticut
Griswold Inn • Essex, CT
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Standard Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($118) or Fridays ($135)
- Two $25 Spa Vouchers Toward a 90-Minute Facial or Massage
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
With its quaint tree-lined streets and boutique shops, its harbor views and colonial charm, the small town of Essex, Connecticut, halfway between New York and Boston, seems frozen in time. But this throwback of a town on the Connecticut River wasn't always so welcoming. Attacked by the British during the War of 1812, Essex was under siege for much of its infancy. Today, that hard-fought history is on display at every turn, from the town's museums to Main Street itself.
One of these historic locales is The Griswold Inn, which is not only one of the oldest continuously operated inns in the country but also one of the first places the British seized during the attack of 1814. Hailed by New York Magazine as "the real McCoy," this 33-room inn is situated right on Main Street. Rooms are appointed with antique furnishings, including four-poster beds and fine reproductions, with views of charming village life peeking through picture windows. Cozy up to the fireplace at the on-site Tap Room, featured in Esquire's Best Bars in America list.
Come dinnertime at the inn, let your taste buds simmer over a selection of seasonal dishes such as seared North Atlantic sea scallops, braised short ribs of beef, or seared Atlantic salmon. Wash it down with a selection from the inn's award-winning wine list or a pint of the signature Revolutionary Ale, made in-house.
• Use your $25 voucher for a facial or massage at the Spa of Essex
• Get a dose of culture at the Florence Griswold Museum of American Impressionism
• Catch a musical at the award-winning Goodspeed Opera House
"The most famous brunch in Connecticut can now be found in Essex at the Griswold Inn."-- The New York Times
"Located in a beautiful area in Essex. If you're looking to take a trip back in time this is the place to do it. We will be returning back to the inn."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays between September 2 and November 29, 2013
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher valid for up to 2 guests
- One $25 voucher per spa service, not combinable and subject to availability
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 29, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 29, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 29, 2013 • Enjoy By November 29, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 50% savings