Masai Mara & More: Eight-Day Safari Trip to Kenya
Africa Answers •
- An Eight-Day Safari Trip to Kenya, Including:
- Round-Trip Flights between the United States and Nairobi aboard Emirates
- Five Nights' Accommodations for One Guest
- Five Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Four Dinners
- Four Game Drives
- All Transportation Within Kenya
- All Park Entry Fees
- All Taxes and Fees
- Airline Taxes, Fuel, and Surcharges
- English-Speaking Safari Guides
From the fossil-rich volcanic hills of the Great Rift Valley to the fertile plains of the central highlands, Kenya is a country renowned for its natural beauty. Even set against this rich backdrop, the Maasai Mara National Reserve stands out, venerated both by the local population and naturalists around the world. Stretching over hundreds of square-miles, this relatively untouched swath of savanna is an important sanctuary for much of the county's wildlife.
day 1: Depart the United States for Kenya aboard Emirates, one of the world's finest airlines.
day 2: Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in the capital of the country. After immigration procedures, a driver will greet you and transfer you to Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi, set on four acres of beautifully manicured landscapes just outside of the city center. This boutique hotel features a pool, two bars, a restaurant, and a cafe, and each of 125 rooms is elegantly appointed, boasting satellite TV, a private bathroom, a ceiling fan, and room service. You'll have some time to explore Nairobi's bustling markets, just a short walk from your hotel. The colors and creativity of Kenya's crafts will delight, and the market atmosphere is entertainment itself.
Overnight at Jacaranda Hotel Nairobi.
day 3: Heading north to Thika, your next stop will be in Nyeri, one of Kenya's major towns and provincial headquarters. Next stop: the forests of the Aberdare Mountain range, where you'll have lunch at Aberdare Country Club before arriving at The Ark, a tree lodge set in a forest glade with a waterhole and salt lick that attract wildlife during the day and night, including elephants, baboons, buffalo, hyenas, exotic birds, and other fauna.
Overnight at The Ark. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 4: Head for Nyahururu (Thomson's Falls) and onward to beautiful Lake Nakuru, which is often colored a vibrant pink thanks to the thousands of flamingos that frequent its shores. You'll have lunch at a scenic location, then head for your first afternoon game drive in the park in search of the Big 5. In the evening, you'll travel to Lake Naivasha Country Club for dinner and an overnight stay. The club, which sits on 55 acres, has been around since the 1930s and features a pool and an upscale dining room, in addition to 33 standard yet elegant rooms.
Overnight at Lake Naivasha Country Club. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: Driving to Narok via Mai-Mahiu, you'll arrive in the Masai Mara in time for lunch at Mara Leisure Camp, and then depart for an afternoon game drive. The camp sits at the confluence of four wildlife viewing areas, a major gathering place for wildebeests, zebras, and the stealthy predators who hunt them.
Overnight at Mara Leisure Camp. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: Today you'll go on two game drives, one in the morning and another in the afternoon. Join your Kenyan ranger in a safari vehicle and set off in search of the Big 5 and many more amazing animals that dwell in the famous Masai Mara. Pack your binoculars, camera, and field guide and get ready to see elephants, zebras, giraffes, buffalo, rhinos, lions, and the elusive leopard. Antelope and birdlife are also to be seen. Each game drive lasts three hours and is broken up with a midway stop for refreshments.
Overnight at Mara Leisure Camp. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Departing the Masai Mara and heading across the farming region to Narok, you'll cross the vast plains of the floor of the Rift Valley (keep an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle), before traveling up the rift escarpment. Arrive in Kenya's bustling capital in the early afternoon and enjoy a farewell lunch, after which you'll be transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight home aboard Emirates.
Breakfast and lunch provided.
day 8: Arrive home in the United States.
*Los Angeles (LAX) departures: October 30, November 6, or November 13, 2013 ($2,999); January 15 or 29, February 5 or 19, or March 5 or 19, 2014 ($3,099); April 2, 23, or 30, or May 14, 2014 ($3,199)
*San Francisco (SFO) departures: October 30, November 6, or November 13, 2013 ($2,999); January 15 or 29, February 5 or 19, or March 5 or 19, 2014 ($3,099); April 2, 23, or 30, or May 14, 2014 ($3,199)
*Seattle (SEA) departures: October 30, November 6, or November 13, 2013 ($2,999); January 15 or 29, February 5 or 19, or March 5 or 19, 2014 ($3,099); April 2, 23, or 30, or May 14, 2014 ($3,199)
*Houston (HOU) departures: October 30, or November 6 or 13 ($2,799); January 15 or 29, February 5 or 19, or March 5 or 19, 2014 ($2,799); April 2, 23, or 30, or May 14, 2014 ($2,899)
Washington, DC (IAD), departures: October 31, or November 7 or 14, 2013 ($2,799); January 16 or 30, February 6 or 20, or March 6 or 20, 2014 ($2,799); April 3 or 24, or May 1 or 15, 2014 ($2,899)
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), departures: October 31, or November 7 or 14, 2013 ($2,999); January 16 or 30, February 6 or 20, or March 6 or 20, 2014 ($2,999); April 3 or 24, or May 1 or 15, 2014 ($3,099)
New York City (JFK) departures: October 31, or November 7 or 14, 2013 ($2,999); January 16 or 30, February 6 or 20, or March 6 or 20, 2014 ($2,999); April 3 or 24, or May 1 or 15, 2014 ($3,099)
Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
*Elapsed time is nine days for trips departing from LAX, SFO, SEA, and HOU
"Kenya is where 'going on safari' started.... Today visitors continue to flock to this East African nation each year. Although humans have made their mark, Kenya still holds onto its pristine wilderness."-- Read Fodor's Review of Kenya
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be booked by September 11
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Credit card information and photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture and is non-refundable once booked
- Package non-refundable once booked
- Airfare non-refundable once ticketed
- $300 fee to make changes plus airline and hotel fees once reservation is made
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy (two people sharing a room). Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the property. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $399 per person do at booking
- Voucher includes Round-Trip Ground Transportation from the Airport to Hotel and Sightseeing Destinations, Five Nights' Accommodations for One Guest, Five Breakfasts, Five Lunches, and Four Dinners, Four Game Drives, English-Speaking Guides, Park Entry Fees, Airline Taxes, Fuel, Surcharges, Taxes and Fees
- Voucher does not include passport/visa fees, gratuities, personal or baggage insurance, meals or drinks not specified by itinerary and any costs not specified as included
- Hotels are subject to change based on availability
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge due at booking
- Visas required
- Review the State Department's website for detailed information regarding passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Valid only for date and option purchased
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other date
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 16, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 20, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 16, 2014 • Enjoy By May 16, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 26% savings