A Magical Stay at The Foot of Pendle Hill
The Pendle Inn • Lancashire, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in Self-Catering Cottage
- Two-Course Dinner on First Evening with After Dinner Coffee
- Bottle of Wine if Returning to Dine on Second Evening
- Late 12 p.m. Checkout
Back in the 17th century, the borough of Pendle in Lancashire was the site of some of history's most famous witch trials. Nowadays, a little village at the foot of Pendle Hill is making a name for itself as a haven for walkers, hang-gliders, and paragliders—all of whom use Barley as the starting point for their excursions. Point your broom at this week's Escape to the village's very own Pendle Inn.
The friendly 1920s public house welcomes guests of all magical persuasions: for two nights, you and a fellow conjuror will lay your pointy black hats in your own self-catering cottage complete with bedroom, en suite, lounge, and fully equipped kitchen—all for £99 (up to a £196.35 value).
There's no need to lug your cauldron along with you: a two-course dinner each with coffee on the first night is included with your stay. The magicians in the CAMRA hotel's kitchen use locally sourced ingredients to stir up dishes for The Book of Spells—expect the likes of 'An Eye of Newt', comprising eight ounces of gammon steak, homemade chips, pineapple, and free range egg; or 'The Spell is Broken', a chicken Sinatra with mushrooms, bacon, double cream, and basmati rice. Meet again here on the second night and when you dine, receive a bottle of wine into the bargain.
There's no need for toil and trouble to find fun in the area—make the most of your late checkout by taking the Pendle Witch Trail from Barley over the hill, through an Area of Outstanding National Beauty, and into nearby Newchurch and Roughlee. Alternatively, be spellbound by another historic site at Bancroft Mill, wave your wand and reappear in the Victorian courtyard of Pendle Village Mill shopping outlet, or summon up a visit to one of the nearby farms and markets.
- This Escape is for two people. Guests wishing to stay on a Friday or Saturday night are required to pay a £20 supplement per night.
- One child can be accommodated in parent's room for a £10 supplement.
- Dogs are welcome at £5 per stay.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on email@example.com.
"But the village also has another gem in the form of The Pendle Inn nestled at the base of the hill. The country pub has just what you might hope for—roaring fires, home-cooked food and local real ales."-- Lancashire Telegraph
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people and must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by December 19, 2013
- £20 supplement per night to be paid directly to the hotel for a Friday or Saturday night stays
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy
- Pets permitted, please check directly with hotel
- One child can be accommodated in this room; £10 supplement per night payable directly to hotel
- Voucher includes: Two-Night Stay for Two People in Self-Catering Cottage, Two-Course Dinner on First Evening with After Dinner Coffee, Bottle of Wine if Returning to Dine on Second Evening, Late 12 p.m. Checkout
- Please contact merchant directly, within 30 days of voucher-issue, for information on any special assistance required including disabled access - if the merchant's arrangements are not adequate for your requirements, LivingSocial will be happy to issue a refund under our standard cancellation policy
- Please contact 01282 614 808 prior to purchase for further information if required
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Enjoy by date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 19, 2013 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 19, 2018 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 19, 2013 • Enjoy By December 19, 2013
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings