Erupting with Energy on the "Rich Coast"
Arenal Paraíso Hotel Resort & Spa/Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort • Arenal National Park, Costa Rica
- A Seven-Night Adventure for Two in Costa Rica, Including:
- A Three-Night Stay at the Arenal Paraíso Hotel Resort & Spa, Including Daily Breakfast, a Sky Tram and Sky Trek Tour, and All Taxes
- A Four-Night Stay at the All-Inclusive Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, Including a Bottle of Wine Upon Arrival; All Meals, Snacks, Drinks, and Domestic Liquor; Non-Motorized Water Sports; and All Taxes
- Your Choice of Airport and Hotel-to-Hotel Transfers or an Eight-Day Standard Compact Car Rental
Columbus named Costa Rica the "rich coast" for the gold he thought he'd find there. But you don't have to be rolling in dough to experience this nation's treasure trove of natural beauty.
This week's Escape is your key to the vault: Get a three-night stay at the Arenal Paraíso Hotel Resort & Spa, including a Sky Tram and Sky Trek tour, followed by a four-night stay at the all-inclusive Villas Sol Hotel & Beach Resort, and ground transportation (provided transfers or an eight-day car rental), for $1,260.
Awake from golden slumbers to a típico breakfast of tropical fruit, farm-fresh eggs, and café con leche at Arenal Paraíso, an intimate resort on the edge of Arenal Volcano National Park. Take in the views of the emerald forest and Arenal's natural fireworks from the private balcony of your room.
"Miraculously, the volcano has retained its picture-perfect conical shape despite constant volcanic activity," says BBC Travel. "In the shadow of Arenal, there is something for everybody, including luxurious hotels, romantic restaurants, and Tabacón Hot Springs—man's recreation of the Garden of Eden." Plus, your resort offers 14 sapphire pools spread throughout 160 acres.
Get a bird's-eye view from above the tree line with a Sky Trek and Sky Tram tour. Then, when you're ready to trade turf for surf, head for the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Papagayo, where you'll spend four nights at the all-inclusive Villas Sol resort. Bronze your body on the topaz sands of Playa Hermosa, then cool off with a dip in the resort's two swimming pools.
Get all the gilt without the guilt with unlimited access to kayaking, snorkeling, and boogie boarding in the crystal-clear Pacific, as well as free classes in yoga, dancing, cooking, and the Spanish language. In the evening, toast the sunset with a bottle of ruby-red wine before cutting into a local steak at the Heliconia's Restaurant.
Columbus never did strike it rich in Costa Rica. But with this week's Escape, you can experience a bounty of beauty without ever breaking the bank.
"Mention Costa Rica and people think paradise. The country's Disneylike cast of creatures—ranging from howler monkeys to toucans—are populous and relatively easy to spot. The waves are prime, the beauty is staggering, and the sluggish pace [is] seductive.-- Lonely Planet
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit one per person, additional as gift
- Limit one voucher per reservation; vouchers may not be combined
- Reservations are required, and package is subject to availability; must be made prior to November 15, 2011
- May not be used on existing reservations
- Normal cancellation policy applies
- Package includes taxes and fees
- Car Rental does not include local taxes and or fees such as airport location fee, vehicle license fee and airport taxes of up to 12%; these fees and taxes are payable direct upon receiving your car
- Program begins in San Jose and ends at Liberia Airport. For passengers taking the transfer option, the following are included in package price: San Jose to Arenal (morning transfer only); Arenal to Guanacaste; Guanacaste to Liberia Airport
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 15, 2011 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2016 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 15, 2011 • Enjoy By December 15, 2011
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings