Georgian Style and Gourmet Dining in Cumbria
Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel • Cumbria, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in Classic Room
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner in Two AA-Rosette Award-Winning Restaurant on First Night
When 13th-century nuns founded a convent near Alston, they didn't suspect the town would one day provide the backdrop for a TV adaptation of the story of literature's most famous needy soul, Oliver Twist. Escapees looking to avoid the workhouse don't need to pick a pocket with a two-night break on the former nunnery site—now the elegant Georgian Lovelady Shield Country House—for £169 (up to a £383 value).
Steal away with a partner in your comfortable Classic room, and enjoy views of the charming three-acre garden, the River Nent, and the foothills of Alston Moor.
When your stomach starts to grumble like Fagin, there's a seven-course gourmet dinner at the two AA-Rosette-winning restaurant to look forward to. Tuck into dishes that blend the best of British with continental influences: enjoy the likes of pan-fried scallops with black pudding fritters, a roast rack of lamb with rosemary jus, and a chocolate and chestnut marquise with honey glazed figs. A full English Breakfast—if you have room—ensures you won't find a day's sightseeing too gruelling.
The pretty market town of Alston (one of the highest in the country, 1,000 feet above sea level) is studded with craft, gift, and antique shops, or if you want to go further afield the hotel staff consider you a friend, and will provide you with the necessary nous for a driving tour through the lovely villages and stunning scenery of the North Pennines, or a circular tour of the Lake District.
- This Escape is for two people with seven-day availability until the end of February 2014.
- A £30 supplement applies to bank holidays and Saturday night stays.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org—be sure to quote the name of the property.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
"Chef Barrie Garton has been manning the stoves for more than a decade and he works to an ever-changing repertoire that might be typified by Orkney crab mousse with cucumber and chive salad."-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per purchaser, additional as gifts
- Limit 1 voucher per gift recipient
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 28 February, 2014
- £30 supplement for a bank holiday stay to be paid directly to the hotel
- £30 supplement for a Saturday night stay
- £30 supplement for 14-15 February 2014
- Not valid during October and February half term holidays
- Not valid from 24 December 2013-2 January 2014
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a superior room; upgrades available subject to availability
- Children welcome
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Two Night Stay for Two, Full English Breakfast and 7 Course Tasting Menu for 2 people in the 2 AA Rosette Restaurant
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01434 381203 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • Enjoy By February 28, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings