A Kentish Grade-II Listed Coaching Inn
The Dog Inn • Wingham, United Kingdom
- One- (£69), Two- (£99), or Three-Night (£129) Stay for Two People in a Double Room
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Three-Course Dinner on First Evening
- Seven-Day Availability
Canterbury is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to a monumental cathedral, museums, castle ruins, and possibly the oldest school in the country. It's also got its fair share of literary heritage: playwright Christopher Marlowe was born here, and it's the setting for Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. Whichever chapter of the city's history interests you the most, turn back to it courtesy of an Escape to The Dog Inn at nearby Wingham.
You will stay at the charming period property for one night for £69 (up to a £168 value), two nights for £99 (up to a £340 value), or three nights for £129 (up to a £475 value). However long you stay your accommodation is a double room complete with individual décor—think original features such as brick fireplaces and bare beams—as well as en suite and TV radio. Stays on New Year's Eve are available if guests purchase a £35 per person ticket to the New Year's Eve Ball.
Included with your package are your daily full English breakfast and a three-course dinner on the first night, chosen from a menu that features such dishes as smoked Dungeness eel, roasted Romney Marsh lamb rump, supreme of local free-range chicken, and trio of local fish in a light wheat-beer batter.
Step outside the Grade II-listed inn—which itself retains tunnels to the local church from the wine cellar—and discover the fascinating region's past. There's Wingham Wildlife Park nearby, and further afield St. Augustine's Abbey, Canterbury Cathedral, St. Martin's Church, St. Peter's Church, and St. Margaret's Church with its Canterbury Tales exhibit; Kent Museum of Freemasonry, the Roman Museum, and The Museum of Canterbury with its Rupert Bear Museum; The Whitstable Castle and Gardens and the remains of Canterbury Castle; King's School; Dane John Gardens, Mount Ephraim Gardens, and Westgate Gardens; and theatres The Marlowe and The Shakespeare.
- This Escape is for two people with seven-day availability including Christmas and New Year's.
- All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds.
- All children under 2 years are charged £15 per person per night for children's cots / cribs.
- All older children or adults are charged £25 per person per night for extra beds.
- The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is one.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org—be sure to quote the name of the property.
Now you can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Click here to find out more.
"Overall, this Grade-II listed, thirteenth-century village inn is a real Kentish charmer with its oak panelling, heavy beams, and a delightfully appealing conservatory dining room."-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people; Option B and C must be used over consecutive nights
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by 28 February, 2014
- Stays on New Year's Eve are available if guests purchase a £35 per person ticket to the New Year's Eve Ball
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a standard room; upgrades available subject to availability
- All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds. All children under 2 years are charged GBP 15 per person per night for children's cots/cribs. All older children or adults are charged GBP 25 per person per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 1. Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
- Dogs welcome free of charge
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: One, Two or Three Night Stay in Double Room, Full English Breakfast and Three Course Dinner
- Check in 2pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01227 720339 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • Enjoy By February 28, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings