A Grade I-Listed Hotel in Historic Shrewsbury
The Lion Hotel • Shropshire, United Kingdom
- One- (£99) or Two-Night (£149) Stay for Two People in Standard Room
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Three-Course Dinner in The Hayward Restaurant on First Evening
From its handsome tudor architecture to its picturesque riverside setting, Shrewsbury is a little town with a big character—it can even boast the world's tallest town crier, standing at an impressive 7'2''. Fall for its charms with an Escape to The Lion Hotel.
Stay in this Grade I listed hotel, located amongst the winding streets of Mardol in the town centre, for one night for £99 (up to a £188.40 value), or two nights for £149 (up to a £305.90 value). Two people will bed down in a Standard room, where the likes of Charles Dickens, Darwin, and Pagnini have once stayed; though these days, the characterful rooms have been chicly updated for the 21st century.
In addition to a full English breakfast served on each morning, the first evening of your stay will include a three-course table d'hôte dinner in the hotel's own Hayward Restaurant, offering an elegant take on classic British cuisine. Sample the likes of dill cured salmon with new potato and chives to start, followed by slow-cooked belly of pork with mustard mash and fennel and apple sauce, all topped off with toffee apple sponge pudding.
Nestled in a crook of the River Severn, Shrewsbury is packed with cosy cafés, characterful pubs, and stylish boutiques. You could take a drink in The Boathouse, or catch a film at the independent Old Market Hall cinema; or even head out to the Church Stretton hills for some invigorating rambles.
- This Escape is for two people, with availability for all seven days of the week.
- All children under 16 years are charged £10 per person, per night for extra beds; children under 2 may stay for free in cots/cribs.
- Upgrade to a Superior Room for £10 per night; a Deluxe Room for £20 per night; or a Suite for £40 per night.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on email@example.com—be sure to quote the name of the property.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"[The Hayward is] the best Shropshire restaurant outside Ludlow—and a match for those in the south of the county."-- The Shropshire Star
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Valid from November 1, 2013 - February 28, 2014
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by February 28, 2014
- Not valid on December 24-26, 31 2013; February 14, 15 2014
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Standard Room; Upgrade to a Superior Room for £10 per night, a Deluxe Room for £20 or a Suite for £40 per night, payable direct to the hotel on booking, subject to availability
- All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs; All children under 12 years stay free of charge when using existing beds; All children under 16 years are charged £10 per person per night for extra beds, paid directly to hotel
- Secure parking is available on-site for guests at the charge of £5 per car per night, paid directly to hotel
- No pets allowed
- WiFi is available in public areas only
- Voucher includes: One- (£99) or Two-Night (£149) Stay for Two People, Daily Full English Breakfast, Three-Course Dinner in The Hayward Restaurant on First Evening
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01743 353107 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON February 28, 2014 • Enjoy By February 28, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings