A Welsh Castle for Indulgent Kings and Queens
Ruthin Castle • North Wales, United Kingdom
- One- (£129) Two-Night (£219) Stay for Two People in a Deluxe Double Room
- Daily Welsh Bakery Breakfast
- Three-Course Dinner Each in Two AA-Rosette Restaurant on First Evening
- Homemade Afternoon Tea on Choice of Day (Two-Night Stays Only)
- Bottle of Wine if Dining on Second Evening (Two-Night Stays Only)
These days Ruthin in Denbighshire may be a chocolate-box town of pretty architecture, scenic greenery, and fine food, but the North Wales site harbours a dark past of bloody murder, passion, and intrigue. Discover its most dramatic secrets with this Escape to the place at the heart of many of them: none other than Ruthin Castle Hotel.
Investigate the town's curious history with a getaway to the luxurious venue: an overnight stay for two people for £129 (up to a £274.60 value), or an extended two-night stay for two people in a Deluxe Double Room is just £219 (up to a £453.55 value). The truth is that your accommodation is designed to keep you from wanting to leave: expect four-star quality including elegant décor, TV, minibar, 24-hour room service, Wi-Fi access, and modern en suite with bath or shower and slate character features such as vanity unit.
Witness stolen kisses and keep your eyes peeled for the ghost of Lady Grey over your inclusive Welsh bakery breakfast each morning and three-course meal at Bertie's Restaurant, which has been awarded two AA Rosettes. Follow the clues back here on the second night and you'll receive a bottle of wine when you dine—and why not, with temptations such as smoked haddock kedgeree, fillet of Welsh Black beef, free-range Oswestry chicken breast on colcannon mash, and dark chocolate fondant with a white chocolate centre on the menu? The icing on the cake for guests staying two nights is an exquisite homemade afternoon tea to be taken on a day of your choosing.
Not to throw you off the trail of the castle itself—the site was, after all, where King Arthur and Edward VII both conducted torrid affairs—but there's more to be discovered elsewhere in the area: the Old County Gaol, Pendref Chapel, and Nantclwyd House for history buffs; the massive new Ruthin Craft Centre for arty types; the independent shops of St. Peter's Square for retail therapy; and further afield, the Clwydian Range Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty for breathtakingly scenic walks. And that's the whole truth.
- This Escape is for two people, and is not valid for stays on a Saturday night.
- Add up to two additional beds to your room for £20 per person.
- Children under 2 years stay free of charge.
- Got a question? Contact our Travel Concierge on email@example.com—be sure to quote the name of the property.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"The Clwydian Range, designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in 1985 is a great destination for walking, cycling, horse riding, and many other activities."-- Go North Wales
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2014
- Not valid on December 24-27 2013; December 31 2013 - January 1 2014; February 14-16 2014
- Not valid on Saturday
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Deluxe Double Room; upgrades available subject to availability
- All children under 1 year stay free of charge when using existing beds; All children under 2 years stay free of charge for children's cots/cribs; All older children or adults are charged £20 per person per night for extra beds; The maximum number of extra beds/children's cots permitted in a room is 2, subject to availability; Supplements payable direct to merchant
- No pets allowed
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: One- (£129) Two-Night (£219) Stay for Two People in a Deluxe Double Room, Daily Welsh Bakery Breakfast, Three-Course Dinner Each in Two AA-Rosette Restaurant on First Evening, Homemade Afternoon Tea on Choice of Day (Two-Night Stays Only), Bottle of Wine if Dining on Second Evening (Two-Night Stays Only)
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01824 702 664 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • Enjoy By March 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings