A Dastardly Murder in Hertfordshire!
Down Hall Country House • Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
- Murder Mystery Break with Overnight Stay for Two
- Three-Course Dinner Each
- Breakfast Each
As busy weeks segue seamlessly into equally busy weekends, finding time to relax and enjoy life can be murder. With this week's hand-picked Escape experience, we've got a 'get out of jail free' card for you. Make a quick getaway to Down Hall Country House Hotel, and feel the shackles coming off.
You'll find Down Hall among 110 acres of splendid woodland, parkland, and landscaped gardens, nestled snugly in Hatfield Heath, close to Bishop's Stortford. Reachable from central London in 45 minutes, it's the perfect place to put your feet up after a big job. Thankfully, you won't need to commit grand larceny to pay the bill: a murder mystery break for two will set you back just £119 (up to a £259 value). Date options are available throughout 2014—see fine print for further details.
Murder mystery break? Yes, you heard us correctly—something sinister is afoot at Down Hall. You'll arrive at 3 p.m. with a few hours to get changed and settled before heading down to the private room at 7:30 p.m. where a bar will open and actors will commence the chilling mystery. Between each course of your meal actors will act out the narrative and be available for questioning. Each table is provided with clues to hunt down the elusive killer and by the time dinner is finished all will be revealed as well as the winning team.
As the group of apparently carefree paragons of society settle down to a delicious three-course dinner, however, tensions begin to simmer. Once you've polished off the starter (roasted butternut squash soup with herb croutes), those tensions start to boil over. The main course is superb (breast of chicken with sauté savoy cabbage and leeks, smoked bacon, fondant potatoes and red wine jus), but it becomes more and more apparent that something is awry. Not so awry, of course, that it distracts you from the exquisite dessert (chocolate mousse with fresh raspberries).
Once peace and justice has been restored, you'll probably be ready to retire to your individually designed room and luxuriate in the kind of style that you'd expect of an English country house. Settle in, push back the covers of the bed, and the lawlessness of the evening may seem like it was just a bad dream. Just to be sure you are awake, tuck into a filling breakfast and compare notebooks.
This Escape is for two people.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"The hotel, which dates back to 1322, is an Italianate mansion set in 110 acres of the most beautiful and well-tended grounds and surrounding woodland."-- Ely Standard
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Book by January 31, 2014
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability, a maximum of 30 vouchers are available per date - stay must be completed by December 14, 2014
- Selected dates only: January 19, February 23, March 9, April 27, May 11, June 1, July 13, August 10, September 21, October 19, November 16, December 14 2014
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Classic Double or Twin Room; upgrades available subject to availability, contact hotel directly for more information
- Event is not suitable for children under the age of 16
- In the event the date booked does not reach the minimum number of vouchers needed (20), Down Hall reserves the right to offer you a minimum of 2 alternative dates for your booking
- No pets allowed
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Murder Mystery Break with Overnight Stay for Two, Three-Course Dinner Each, Breakfast Each
- Check in 2pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01279 731441 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON December 14, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON December 14, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 14, 2014 • Enjoy By December 14, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings