Take the Trip of a Lifetime Up the Slopes of Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro Tours • Kilimanjaro National Park, Tanzania
- Six- (£999 Per Person) or Seven-Night (£1,115 Per Person) Kilimanjaro Trek
- Two Nights in Mountain Inn on Half-Board Basis
- All Other Nights in Mountain Huts (Six-Night Tour) or Huts and Campsites (Seven-Night Tour), on a Full-Board Basis
- Tents Provided for Seven-Night Tour
- Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) Conservation and Entry Fees and Compulsory Rescue Fees Included
- KINAPA-Trained and Certified English Speaking Guides, Porters, and Porter Chef
Grab your hiking boots and walking pole and take off on a true adventure courtesy of this Escape from Kilimanjaro Tours. Take the popular, accessible Marangu route up the mountain over seven days and six nights for £999 per person, or opt for the more challenging Machame route over eight days and seven nights for £1,115.
day 1 Arrive at the Mountain Inn, where you're briefed on the trek before dinner. Overnight at the inn; breakfast and dinner included.
day 2 Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate, Marangu. 3- to 4-hour climb through the forest to the Mandara Hut at 9,000 feet (2,750 metres). Overnight at the hut; all meals provided.
day 3 5- to 7-hour trek through open grassy moorland to reach Horombo Hut at 12,000 feet (3,700 metres). Overnight at the hut; all meals provided.
day 4 Continue upwards past 'the last water point', spending 5 to 7 hours traversing the saddle between Kibo and Mawenzi to Kibo Hut at 15,000 feet (4,700 metres). Overnight at Kibo Hut; all meals provided.
day 5 Climb for the summit on steep and heavy scree up to Gilman's Point at 18,640 feet (5,681 metres), on the crater rim, arriving for sunrise. Continue to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa, at 19,340 feet (5,896 metres). Ascent: 7 to 8 hours; descent: 4 to 7 hours. Overnight at Horombo Hut; all meals provided.
day 6 Descend to the Park Gate, taking 5 to 7 hours. You're met and transferred to the Mountain Inn for dinner and overnight stay.
day 7 Breakfast at the Mountain Inn. End of tour.
day 1 Arrive at the Mountain Inn, where you're briefed on the trek before dinner. Overnight at the inn; breakfast and dinner provided.
day 2 Drive to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate, Machame. 5- to 7-hour climb through the forest to the Machame Campsite at 10, 000 feet (3,000 metres). Overnight at Machame Campsite; all meals provided.
day 3 5- to 7-hour trek following the steep ridge across heath and moorland to 'Picnic Rock', the Shira plateau, and the Shira Campsite at 12,500 feet (3,800 metres). Overnight at Shira Campsite.
day 4 5- to 7-hour trek heading towards Kibo, crossing a valley, climbing to a ridge crest, and crossing scree slopes and a river valley to reach Barranco Campsite at 13,000 feet (3,900 metres). Overnight Barranco Campsite; all meals provided.
day 5 Steep 4- to 5-hour climb over rocky slabs to Barafu Campsite at 15,500 feet (4,600 metres). Overnight at Barafu Campsite; all meals provided.
day 6 Head for the summit: 6- to 7-hour trek to Uhuru Peak, the highest point in Africa at 19,340 feet (5,896 metres). 5- to 7-hour descent via Barafu Campsite through the forest to Mweka Campsite at 10,000 feet (3,000 metres). Overnight at Mweka Campsite; all meals provided.
day 7 3- to 4-hour descent to the park gate at Mweka Wildlife College to meet and transfer to the Mountain Inn for dinner and overnight stay.
day 8 Breakfast at Mountain Inn. End of tour.
- Departure dates for the Marangu Route are April 11 or 24, 2014.
- Departure dates for the Machame Route are February 1 or September 4, 2014.
- Flights are available to Kilimanjaro International Airport with Qatar Airlines and Turkish Airlines (not included).
- This Escape is priced per person
- The price does not include tips; mountain equipment such as walking poles, hiking boots, etc; visas, insurance, etc.
"At the heart of the park is the 5896m Mt Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak and one of the continent’s magnificent sights."-- Lonely Planet
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- Flights and some transfers not included, contact merchant for more information
- 1 voucher is valid for 1 person (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; Reservations are subject to availability; Offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Option A and B: Marangu Route valid on April 11, 2014 and April 24, 2014 only
- Option C and D: Machame Route valid on February 1, 2014 and September 4, 2014 only
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Voucher includes: Six- (£999 Per Person) or Seven-Night (£1,115 Per Person) Kilimanjaro Trek, Two Nights in Mountain Inn on Half-Board Basis, All Other Nights in Mountain Huts (Six-Night Tour) or Huts and Campsites (Seven-Night Tour), on a Full-Board Basis, Tents Provided for Seven-Night Tour Kilimanjaro National Park (KINAPA) Conservation and Entry Fees and Compulsory Rescue Fees Included, KINAPA-Trained and Certified English Speaking Guides, Porters, and Porter Chef
- All Climbs Exclude: Tips/gratuities, Mountain Equipment such as walking poles, gaiters, hiking boots etc and any items of a personal nature such as beverages, laundry, visas, insurance etc.
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 0800 081 9014 or email email@example.com for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON September 4, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON September 4, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON September 4, 2014 • Enjoy By September 4, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms