Charming Country House in Beautiful Cumbria
Lovelady Shield Country House Hotel • Cumbria, United Kingdom
- Two-Night Stay for Two People in Superior Room, with 10% Dinner Discount and Wine If Dining (£109)
- Or, Two-Night Stay with Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner in Two AA-Rosette Award-Winning Restaurant (£169)
- Daily Full Cumbrian Breakfast with Both Options
When 13th-century nuns founded a convent near Alston, they didn't suspect the town would one day provide the backdrop for a TV adaptation of the story of literature's most famous needy soul, Oliver Twist. Escapees looking to avoid the workhouse don't need to pick a pocket with a stay on the former nunnery site—now the elegant Georgian Lovelady Shield Country House.
A two-night stay for two people is £109 (up to a £295.95 value). Steal away with a partner in your comfortable Superior Room, and enjoy views of the charming three-acre garden, the River Nent, and the foothills of Alston Moor. If you want to sample the fine fare served up in the property's celebrated restaurant, add a seven-course tasting dinner on one evening to your two-night stay for £169 (up to a £383 value).
Whichever option you choose, a full Cumbrian breakfast is included each morning. If you opt for the option without dinner and later choose to dine, you'll receive a 10% discount on dinner and a bottle of wine to accompany the cuisine. If you do choose the seven-course gourmet dinner option, you'll dine at the two AA-Rosette-winning restaurant and tuck into dishes that blend the best of British with continental influences: enjoy the likes of pan-fried scallops with black pudding fritters, a roast rack of lamb with rosemary jus, and a chocolate and chestnut marquise with honey glazed figs.
The pretty market town of Alston (one of the highest in the country, 1,000 feet above sea level) is studded with craft, gift, and antique shops, or if you want to go further afield the hotel staff consider you a friend, and will provide you with the necessary nous for a driving tour through the lovely villages and stunning scenery of the North Pennines, or a circular tour of the Lake District.
This Escape is for two people with seven-day availability until the end of February 2014.
A £30 supplement applies to bank holidays and Saturday night stays.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"Chef Barrie Garton has been manning the stoves for more than a decade and he works to an ever-changing repertoire that might be typified by Orkney crab mousse with cucumber and chive salad."-- The Mobile Food Guide
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by April 14, 2014
- £30 supplement for a bank holiday stay to be paid directly to the hotel
- £30 supplement for a Saturday night stay
- £30 supplement for February 14-15 2014
- Not valid from December 24 2013 - January 2 2014
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Superior Room; upgrades available subject to availability
- Children welcome, contact merchant directly for more information
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: Two-Night Stay for Two People in Superior Room, with 10% Dinner Discount and Wine If Dining (£109) Or Two-Night Stay with Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner in Two AA-Rosette Award-Winning Restaurant (£169), Daily Full Cumbrian Breakfast with Both Options
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01434 381203 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON April 14, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 14, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON April 14, 2014 • Enjoy By April 14, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings