A Warming Winter Getaway with Gourmet Treats in Shropshire
The Raven Hotel and Restaurant • Shropshire, United Kingdom
- One- (£119) or Two-Night (£175) Stay for Two People in a Standard Double
- Daily Full English Breakfast
- Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner on One Evening
Charles Dickens may forever be linked with the capital, but there was another part of the country with which he closely identified—and which cropped up regularly in his works. Escape to the Shropshire landscape that Dickens fell in love with for a refreshing winter break, complete with warming log fires and delicious cuisine, at The Raven Hotel and Restaurant.
For £119 (up to a £276 value), you'll enjoy an overnight stay for two in the town of Much Wenlock, located roughly 18 miles south of Shrewsbury; or make it two nights for £175 (up to a £396 value). In the heart of this charming market community you'll find the lovingly maintained, centuries-old Raven; settle in to your room and where period elegance combines with modern comfort.
Included with your stay is a seven-course gourmet dinner each in the hotel's highly regarded restaurant (one evening only). Sourcing ingredients from the many award-winning suppliers in the county, the fine food is fresh and adventurous; and each morning, you'll get to recharge with breakfast.
Much Wenlock has a big history that belies its small size, from the Priory that fell foul of Henry VIII's dissolution to the Wenlock Olympian Games—though the independent clothing and food shops provide modern-day distractions. Nearby Shrewsbury is well worth a visit too, a well-preserved Tudor town nestled in a crook of the River Severn.
This Escape is for two people, with availability for all seven days of the week.
You can earn Tesco Clubcard points with your eligible LivingSocial purchases! Find out more.
"This small, half-timbered, red-brick, lobelia-hung, narrow-streeted, alleywayed, book-and-tea-shopped town, with its Elizabethan guildhall, is the supreme delight of urban-pastoral Britain."-- Daily Telegraph
30 day money-back guarantee
Can't find the dates you want? Dog ate your passport? No worries. You have 30 days post-purchase to return your voucher, no questions asked.
the fine print
- 1 voucher is valid for 2 people (Option B must be used over consecutive nights)
- Limit 1 voucher per reservation; offer cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability - stay must be completed by March 31, 2014
- Not valid on December 24, 25, 31 2013; February 14, 15 2014
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy of 48 hours applies; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Deal based on double occupancy in a Standard Double Room; upgrades available subject to availability
- Dogs not allowed
- Wifi available
- Voucher includes: One- (£119) or Two-Night (£175) Stay for Two People in a Standard Double, Daily Full English Breakfast, Seven-Course Gourmet Dinner on One Evening
- Check in 3pm; check out 11am
- Valid for purchased voucher option only
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer and cannot be applied towards existing reservations
- Deal price inclusive of VAT
- Subject to availability. Hotel may reserve some rooms for non-LivingSocial guests
- For information on any special assistance required including disabled access, please contact merchant directly prior to purchase if required
- Enjoy By date on this voucher cannot be validly extended without the express written endorsement of LivingSocial. Without such written endorsement, any offer by the merchant to extend the Enjoy By date cannot be honoured by LivingSocial in the event that the merchant defaults
- Call 01952 727251 for further information if required
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2014 • Enjoy By March 31, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• No cash value/cash back
• Service not included
• Entire value must be used in one visit
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings