Luxury Camping Among Kenya's Big Five
Great Safaris •
- A Nine-Day Safari Trip to Kenya ($2,045 to $4,299 per Person), Including:
- Round-Trip Flights from New York City or Los Angeles to Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, or Without Flights
- Double-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Sarova Stanley, Two Nights at Sarova Shaba Game Lodge, One Night at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge, and Two Nights at Sarova Mara Game Camp
- Ground Transportation in a Seven-Seater Safari Vehicle
- Six Breakfasts, Five Lunches, Five Dinners
- Two Morning Game Drives and Four Afternoon Game Drives
- Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges (for Flight Packages Only)
- Hotel Fees
- Park Admission Fees
- Priced per Person Based on Double Occupancy (See Fine Print)
From the fossil-rich volcanic hills of the Great Rift Valley to the fertile plains of the central highlands, Kenya is a country renowned for its natural beauty. Even set against this rich backdrop, the Maasai Mara National Reserve stands out, stretching over hundreds of square miles at the northern edge of the Serengeti. Roaming the park's rolling hills you'll find Kenya's Big Five—the lion, leopard, elephant, buffalo, and rhinoceros—as well as hyenas, cheetahs, and bat-eared foxes. You can even spot Nile crocodiles and hippos basking in the sun along the Talek River. Experience it all with a little help from Great Safaris.
day 1: Depart the United States on an overnight flight to Nairobi.
day 2: On arrival at the Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you'll be met by a representative of Great Safaris and transferred to your hotel.
Overnight at the Sarova Stanley.
day 3: Drive north this morning to Born Free country, where Joy and George Adamson raised Elsa the lion cub in the wild, and visit the beautiful Shaba National Reserve. Arrive for lunch at the Sarova Shaba Lodge. Built around natural springs, the Sarova Shaba Lodge is located high above the Shaba Game Reserve and offers an oasis of green in the midst of this beautiful but harshly arid landscape.
Overnight at the Sarova Shaba Game Lodge. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 4: After an early-morning game drive, return to the lodge for breakfast. You'll spend the next few hours at your leisure before departing on an afternoon game drive. Many small hills dot the landscape and with four springs, Shaba is better watered than its neighbors, attracting elephants, lions, cheetahs, giraffes, and buffalo, plus a wide variety of birds.
Overnight at Sarova Shaba Game Lodge. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 5: After breakfast, depart for Nyahururu, still known to many as Thomson's Falls for its 237-foot cascade. After a brief stopover, you'll head to Lake Nakuru, colored a shimmering flamingo pink thanks to the thousands of birds lining its shores. Wildlife is also abundant here. Arrive at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge, affording unforgettable views of the lake from its hillside perch. In the afternoon there will be a game drive in Nakuru National Park.
Overnight at the Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 6: Leave flamingo-fringed Lake Nakuru behind, heading toward Maai Mahiu to ascend the Mau Escarpment. Then you'll travel toward Narok, the gateway to the Masai Mara and district headquarters of this part of Masailand. You'll travel across the "breadbasket" of Kenya, covered with acres of wheat and barley, and arrive around lunchtime at the Sarova Mara Game Camp. Located within the boundaries of the Masai Mara Game Reserve, this comfortable luxury camp offers delicious meals, a swimming pool, and luxurious tents with permanent roofs, zip-up fronts, electricity, and en-suite facilities. In the afternoon, you'll head out on a game drive to see African buffalo, elephants—often in large herds—and if you're lucky, leopard, cheetah, and rhino. At night, relax to the orchestra of rasping cicadas, croaking tree frogs and the intermittent call of birds and monkeys.
Overnight at the Sarova Mara Game Camp. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 7: Set out on an early-morning game drive before returning to the lodge for breakfast. Mid-morning is spent at leisure, followed by lunch at the camp. Take an afternoon game-viewing drive in the reserve, and enjoy breathtaking vistas, panoramas of vast rolling plains, hills, and woodland groves, well watered by the Mara River.
Overnight at the Sarova Mara Game Camp. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.
day 8: Bid farewell to the Masai Mara as you head back to Nairobi. Travel across the vast plains on the floor of the Rift Valley, keeping an eye out for herds of giraffe and gazelle, and head up the escarpment on a road built by Italian prisoners of war during World War II. You'll arrive in Kenya's bustling capital city of Nairobi in the early afternoon. Transfer to Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your departure flight.
day 9: Arrive in the United States with memories never to be forgotten.
New York City (JFK) departures: March 9 ($3,599); March 26 ($3,599); or November 12 ($3,799)
Los Angeles (LAX) departures: March 9 ($3,719); March 26 ($3,739); or November 12 ($4,299)
Land-only arrivals: March 10 ($2,230); March 27 ($2,230); April 10 ($2,045); April 28 ($2,045); May 8 ($2,045); June 5 ($2,045); June 23 ($2,045); November 3 ($2,330); November 13 ($2,330)
*Priced per person based on double occupancy (see fine print)
"...an iconic African wilderness teeming with game, prowled by predators, and plump with impossible-to-miss Big Five action, [the Masai Mara] is epic animal-viewing terrain."-- Frommer's
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers cannot be combined to extend stay
- Reservations required and subject to availability; must be confirmed by February 15, 2014
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher is valid for one person only
- When purchasing and gifting vouchers please list name as it is listed on their passport
- Merchant cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. For more information, please see www.greatsafaris.com/terms-and-conditions.php
- Rates are per person based on double occupancy. Each of two guests must purchase an Escape and arrange to stay together at the hotel. Single occupancy requires an additional fee of $455 for March dates, $90 for dates April-June and $455 for November dates
- Includes Double-Occupancy Accommodations for One Night at Sarova Stanley, Two Nights at Sarova Shaba Game Lodge, One Night at Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge, and Two Nights at Sarova Mara Game Camp, Ground Transportation in a Seven-Seater Safari Vehicle, Six Breakfasts, Five Lunches, Five Dinners, Two Morning Game Drives and Four Afternoon Game Drives, Airline Taxes and Fuel Surcharges (for Flight Packages Only), Hotel Fees and Park Admission Fees
- Does not include gratuities, meals, snacks or drinks not specified in the itinerary, other personal expenses (telephone bills, laundry, etc.), passport and visa fees, personal travel, baggage and medical insurance
- Documentation Required to Travel: Passport with at least 6 months validity, a Visa for Kenya and Malaria medication is recommended
- All other major US airports available for a surcharge to be collected at time of booking
- Review the State Department's website for passport/visa requirements and important announcements before traveling to your destination
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 12, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 12, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 12, 2014 • Enjoy By November 12, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings