A Grand Dame in Historic Cape May
Congress Hall • Cape May, NJ
- A One-Night Stay for Up to Four People in a Town-View King or Two-Queen Room, Sundays through Thursdays ($99) or Fridays ($149)
- Late 1 p.m. Checkout
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
This award-winning seaside resort has been delighting guests with warm hospitality and a modern sensibility since 1816.
Two hundred years before surf-seeking families descended on the Jersey Shore, Victorian blue bloods were strolling the sidewalks of the Garden State's first beach resort. Fortunately, Cape May hasn't lost an ounce of its laid-back historic charm: Trolleys and bicycles still roll down streets lined with perfectly preserved gingerbread-style houses, while nature lovers spend lazy days spotting humpback whales and migrating birds from the beach.
Though it predated the Victorian era by about 20 years, Congress Hall is no less of a Cape May icon. Tall white columns frame the lemon-chiffon façade of this grand dame hotel, built in 1816 and dubbed The Big House by its first owner—an apt title, to be sure. A popular holiday destination since the dawn of the republic, this renowned retreat has housed a number of presidents, including Ulysses S. Grant and Benjamin Harrison. Today, it's garnered tons of recognition from the likes of Condé Nast Traveler and become a favorite wedding destination, thanks to its sprawling manicured lawn, ocean views, high-end dining, and lively nightlife.
You won't find any stuffy antiques at this modern property: Spacious guest rooms offer an air of historic elegance in bright color palettes and feature Belgian linens, Aveda bath products, and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Head outdoors to survey the Grand Lawn from a rocking chair on the porch, or watch the waves roll in while you lounge in a private beach cabana. Whatever you decide to do, you're in for a perfect day in Cape May.
"My husband and I have visited Cape May many times but have never stayed at Congress Hall. We loved it. It was conveniently located to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. The staff was friendly and attentive. We would definitely return."-- LivingSocial Member
"Great place to stay, even in winter! Fireplaces, good food, beautiful rooms with magnificent views. I can not wait to go back."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through March 31, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes late 1 p.m. checkout
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for up to 4 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Blackout date(s): February 13-15, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • Enjoy By March 31, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings