Romantic Waterfront Luxury on Catalina Island
Hotel Metropole • Avalon, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room ($219) or a VIP Oceanfront Room ($399), Sundays through Thursdays
- Two Round-Trip Ferry Tickets
- Bottle of Champagne
- Continental Breakfast for Two
There aren't many places in the world where you can expect to see a bison herd by day and a school of flying fish by night, but 20 miles south of Los Angeles, Santa Catalina Island fits the bill. Brought to the island by ferry for a classic movie shoot only to be abandoned later, the buffalo that roam the rugged hills lucked out—with sunny skies and year-round temperatures that hover near 70 degrees, who wouldn't want to be marooned on these palm-lined, silvery-sand shores?
A popular stop for Mexico-bound cruise ships, the resort town of Avalon caters to the carefree, weekend-jaunt set. Hotel Metropole's rooms and suites boast stunning views of the yacht harbor or the 1930s-era buildings that cling to the rocky hillside. Deluxe rooms feature a view of the courtyard, hillside, or driveway, and are appointed with one king or two queen beds. In the opulent VIP rooms, you'll be treated to full ocean views, a king-size bed, plasma flat-screen TV, whirlpool bathtub, separate walk-in spa shower, inset fireplaces, and Italian linens.
After a complimentary continental breakfast, walk to the beach, enjoy a day at the hotel's spa, or browse the shops at Metropole Market Place, a cobblestone-paved promenade featuring shops and eateries with a French Quarter feel. Since Catalina Island limits the number of vehicles allowed on its shores, your best bet for transportation is a rented bicycle or golf cart.
Check out the wildlife—choose from snorkeling and scuba diving, whale-watching tours, or a ride on a glass-bottom boat. If you're looking to stay dry, try hiking through the thick island vegetation in search of the bison herd, or head out on a zipline experience through the treetops. While the Catalina Casino doesn't offer gaming, its Art Deco architecture and Spanish-tile roof make it a landmark that plays host to a museum, ballroom, and the Avalon Theatre.
"This romantic hotel evokes the former look of New Orleans's French Quarter. Some guest rooms have balconies overlooking a flower-filled courtyard holding restaurants and shops; others have ocean views. Many have fireplaces."-- Read Fodor's Review of Hotel Metropole
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Vouchers may not be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - January 13, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes two round-trip ferry tickets, one bottle of champagne, continental breakfast for two, and Wi-Fi
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Blackout date(s): November 28 - December 1, 2013; December 24-25, 31, 2013; January 1, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON January 13, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON January 13, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON January 13, 2014 • Enjoy By January 13, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings