Small-Town Serenity at this Connecticut Inn
The Griswold Inn • Essex, CT
- A One-Night Stay For Two in a Standard Room, Fridays or Saturdays from January 1, 2015 to March 31, 2015 ($139), or Sundays through Thursdays ($119)
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- Bottle of Private Label Griswold Inn Wine
- Combine Vouchers to Stay for Up to Three Nights
The accolades continue to roll in for the small town of Essex and this historic inn, which is as old as the country itself.
With its quaint, tree-lined streets, restored homes, harbor views, and colonial charm, the small town of Essex, Connecticut, halfway between New York and Boston, seems frozen in time. It's little wonder that 1,000 Places to See Before You Die named it the "Perfect Small American Town." Of course, the village has not always been so tranquil—it was a notorious haven for privateers during the War of 1812, until British troops raided the harbor and set the privateers' ships ablaze. Today, that hard-fought history is on display at every turn, from the town's museums to Main Street. Essex also serves as a great base for exploring the surrounding towns along the Long Island Sound and the Connecticut River Valley.
Established in 1776, The Griswold Inn is one of the oldest continuously operated inns in the country, and also played a significant role in the British raid on Essex. Hailed by New York Magazine as "the real McCoy," this 33-room inn is situated right on Main Street. Rooms feature antique furnishings and fine reproductions, including four-poster beds, with views of charming village life and glimpses of water peeking through picture windows—the majestic Connecticut River is a mere 50 yards from the inn's front door.
Come dinnertime at the inn, savor a selection of seasonal dishes such as seared North Atlantic sea scallops, braised short ribs of beef, or seared Atlantic salmon. Wash it down with a selection from the inn's award-winning wine list or a pint of the signature Revolutionary Ale. Afterwards, enjoy nightly live music when you cozy up to the fireplace at the on-site Tap Room, featured in Esquire's Best Bars in America list. The inn's Wine Bar, which serves over 50 wines by the glass and offers a more contemporary culinary experience, was dubbed "exquisite" by the New Haven Register— yet another accolade for this beloved locale.
"An incredibly romantic inn with great food located in a town rich in history and culture. A must see for everyone!"-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 3 per customer, up to 3 additional as gifts; up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for select stays through March 31, 2015; see voucher/description for details regarding purchased package
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes 1 bottle of private label Griswold Inn wine
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Upgrades available; please inquire with merchant at time of booking reservation
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): December 31, 2014; February 13-15, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • Enjoy By March 31, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings