Miami Reinvented: A Hostel for the Next Generation
Freehand Miami • Miami Beach, FL
- A Two-Night Stay for One in a Dorm Bed with One Welcome Punch Drink at The Broken Shaker ($46)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Private Standard King Room with a Bottle of Wine ($150)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Two in a Private Standard King Suite with a Bottle of Wine ($166)
- Or, a Two-Night Stay for Up to Four in a Private Quad Room with a Bottle of Wine ($196)
Miami Beach is at your fingertips from this stylish hostel home base, where the tab is as low-key as the crowd.
Miami's not just about the beach—don't forget that this is the home of some of the greatest Art Deco and doo-wop architecture, world-class art exhibitions, and a happening performing arts scene. Savvy travelers will find their niche staying at the Freehand Miami. The New York Times' T Magazine said it "may be Miami Beach's most unlikely scenester hideaway," while Curbed Miami referred to it as "the communal-living place for unmoneyed cool people." Take a food tour of the Wynwood Arts district, roll out a mat at an outdoor yoga class, indulge at brunch, or learn to paddleboard—Miami's yours for the taking from this prime locale.
The 1930s building—formerly the Indian Creek Hotel—is an example of Art Deco fabulousness, offering both private and shared accommodations with a dash of bohemian style just a block from the beach. "Think seaside boathouse, lifeguard school, a homemade summer camp near the ocean," says Robin Standefer of Roman and Williams (the same design firm that outfitted NYC's Ace Hotel). Expect local artwork on the walls, hotel-grade 10-inch mattresses, built-in privacy screens, A/C, plenty of outlets, reading lights, and all bedding and towels.
In addition to a pool and tropical courtyard, the Freehand offers a host of off-kilter amenities such as bocce courts, ping pong, and bikes to borrow. Voted best pop-up bar by Miami New Times, The Broken Shaker cocktail bar, featuring creative concoctions with herbs from the garden and other unusual elixirs and infusions. Seeking a list of Miami must-dos from those in the know? The Freehand offers that, too.
"This place is by far the best-run, most relaxing hostel I have been to... and I've been to dozens all over the world!"-- LivingSocial Member
"All-around awesome experience."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
the fine print
- Limit 4 per customer, additional as gifts; up to 4 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through November 30, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 1 guest (dorm bed room), 2 guests (standard king room) or 4 guests (private quad room); additional guests may not be added
- Merchant cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies: reservations must be cancelled by 3 p.m. EST 24 hours in advance of the arrival date (all cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org); voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- All guests must be 18+
- Check-in: 3 p.m. / Checkout: 11 a.m.
- Photo ID is required at check-in; must be 18 or over to check-in
- Blackout date(s): July 4-6, September 5-6, and October 10-11, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON November 30, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON November 30, 2014 • Enjoy By November 30, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings