Prestige and History in West Point
The Thayer Hotel • West Point, NY
- A One-Night Stay for Two in a Deluxe Room from January 1 to March 31, 2015
- Combine Unlimited Vouchers for an Extended Stay
Overlooking the Hudson River, this scenic national gem blends modern amenities with 200 years of military history.
The United States Military Academy at West Point—in New York's Hudson Valley—has earned a reputation for being buttoned-up, but a visit to this historic post can be more colorful than you might expect. Depending on where you look, you'll see cadets marching in gray, 200-year-old buildings of slate grey stone, green grass with a perennial crew cut, or autumn leaves glowing red, yellow, and orange. History buffs will be delighted by the Cadet Chapel's 21,000-pipe church organ and the West Point Museum's impressive collection of war memorabilia (including an atomic bomb). Farther afield, the surrounding valley teems with antique shops, apple orchards, wineries, and art festivals.
Sharing the West Point grounds with generals, cadets, and the centuries-old arsenal is The Thayer Hotel, offering comfortable Old World accommodations to guests seeking an insider's glimpse of the academy. The hotel has impressive history of its own—the guest list includes U.S. Presidents, international dignitaries, and a parade of celebrities.
Today's visitors will enjoy the same hilltop views of the Hudson River Valley and the U.S. Military Academy from their spacious guest rooms. The Thayer's dining options channel the gourmet tradition of the nearby Culinary Institute of America (CIA-trained chefs run the show here), while a journey through our nation's military history—or into the scenic wonders of the Hudson River Valley—are just steps away.
"Ethereal Hudson River views ennoble this imposing brick-and-granite hotel on the grounds of West Point. Sleek marble floors, iron chandeliers, and portraits of military leaders bedeck the main lobby."-- Read Fodor's Review of The Thayer Hotel
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays from January 1 to March 31, 2015
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/$11.99 per night facility fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- The promotional value is valid only for date range purchased and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates
- Blackout date(s): January 2-3, 2015; January 9-10, 2015; January 16-17, 2015; March 13-14, 2015; March 27-28, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON March 3, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON March 31, 2015 • Enjoy By March 31, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings