A Natural Stunner in North Carolina
Balsam Mountain Inn • Balsam, NC
- A Two-Night Stay for Two in a Regular Room
- Daily Gourmet Breakfast
- Bottle of Wine and Two Souvenir Wineglasses
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Four Nights
Aside from a "great location off of Highway 74/23," this inn has "exquisite dining and old-fashioned Southern hospitality" as well as " fabulous" mountain views from the rockers on the front porch.
—Raves from LivingSocial Members
The Blue Ridge Parkway's tagline? "America's Favorite Drive." But it isn't just fishing for compliments: The 469-mile All-American Road that stretches through the Appalachians was named one of America's Most Iconic Drives by Travel + Leisure and continues to rack up awards. Quite the media darling when it comes to the foliage, the area has earned rave reviews for its turning leaves—but snow-capped or in full spring bloom, the area is natural eye-candy year round.
Enter the Balsam Mountain Inn, tucked between the cloud-caressing Plott Balsam and Richland Balsam mountain ranges about 30 miles from Asheville. This Neoclassical-style outpost first opened its doors in 1908; today, it's fully restored and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The mansard roof is still intact and the halls are lined with an array of modern and historic artwork. Each room is different, offering its own eclectic and whimsical take on comfort and hospitality.
Cruise along the Blue Ridge Parkway or hike along Waterrock Knob, the highest peak of the Plott Balsam range with an elevation of 6,292 feet. Order dinner in the inn's dining room. "The restaurant is fabulous—softly lighted, with warm wood tones. It gets an 'A' for atmosphere and cuisine, especially the mountain trout. A sumptuous breakfast awaits in the morning," says Southern Living. And sumptuous it is, with a rotating menu that may include caramelized French toast, eggs Elizabethan, or cracked pepper biscuits with gravy and grits.
We loved everything about this place... The location, ambiance, and scenery were wonderful, and helped to make this one of the absolute best vacations my fiancé and I have had."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Limit 2 per customer, up to 2 additional as gifts; up to 2 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now through June 30, 2015
- Book by date: customer must contact merchant by April 21, 2015 to make booking
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes daily gourmet breakfast, 1 bottle of wine, and 2 souvenir wine glasses
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes (10.75%) fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Blackout date(s): May 22-24, 2015
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON June 30, 2015 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON May 25, 2020 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON June 30, 2015 • Enjoy By June 30, 2015
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• Merchant is responsible for the quality of the products or services provided to you at redemption
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings