The Little Castle of Downtown Berkeley
Berkeley City Club • Berkeley, CA
- A One-Night Stay for Two
- Continental Breakfast for Two
- Combine Vouchers to Stay Up to Three Nights
Nineteen-thirties elegance meets Bay Area cool at the Berkeley City Club, a hotel and private social club listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Berkeley is the mellow, intellectual middle child of the Bay Area family. North of Oakland and across the Golden Gate from San Francisco, this city has a reputation for being a low-key college town and home to some of the most enlightened thinkers in the Golden State. Along with the academic crowd comes an appreciation for cultural offerings, offbeat boutiques, and locally sourced cuisine. And did we mention its vast swaths of green space? It all comes together to make a downright delightful town.
Just one block from the downtown campus of UC Berkeley, the lovely Berkeley City Club is a historic landmark nicknamed the "little castle." Once upon a time, Hearst Castle architect and key UC Berkeley architect Julia Morgan designed this building as a women's social club complete with verdant gardens, interior courtyards, a ballroom, and a heated indoor swimming pool. Its magical elegance has only grown in the intervening years. Make your way into your guest room, which is a television-free zone for supreme relaxation—though you can connect to free Wi-Fi in the public areas. A soft bed and views of the Berkeley Hills or San Francisco Bay await.
Step out the door and turn the corner onto Telegraph Avenue for excellent boutique shopping. The hotel is only six blocks from the Downtown Berkeley BART station and public transportation in case you'd like to venture farther afield. In the evening, you can catch a live performance at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Cal Performances, or Freight & Salvage Coffeehouse—all within a half-mile of the hotel.
"It was so beautiful, and really conveniently located. Staff was very nice."-- LivingSocial Member
"This is a beautiful facility. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is perfect and elegant. Close to downtown Berkeley and the University."-- LivingSocial Member
escapes 30-day promise
LivingSocial gives you up to 30 days to return your unused voucher for a full refund. Once you've made a reservation, you are subject to the merchant's cancellation and refund policy. If you want to secure your preferred dates of travel, we strongly recommend that you complete reservation with the merchant within 30 days of your purchase—after that, LivingSocial will not issue any refunds.
the fine print
- Up to 3 vouchers may be combined to extend stay
- Only valid for stays now - May 9, 2014
- Reservations required and subject to availability
- Not valid toward existing or room block reservations
- Voucher includes continental breakfast for two
- Nights must be spent consecutively; all inclusions must be redeemed during one stay
- Voucher valid for 2 guests
- Merchant cancellation/rescheduling policy and fees apply once booking is made; voucher subject to forfeiture
- Taxes/resort fee not included; payable directly to the property
- Incidental charges, charges for additional services and gratuity at the property are not included
- Blackout date(s): March 7-8, 14, 2014; April 10-12, 23-26, 2014; May 2, 2014
- Other conditions apply • PAID AND PROMOTIONAL VALUES EXPIRES ON May 9, 2014 • PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE • PAID VALUE EXPIRES ON April 18, 2019 • PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON May 9, 2014 • Enjoy By May 9, 2014
Other conditions apply
Except where noted in the fine print:
• Cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion
• Tax and gratuity are not included
• LivingSocial Terms and Conditions - https://www.livingsocial.com/terms
- 0% savings